Q. My 15 month old baby is having difficulty in standing. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Amit Kumar Modi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My child is 15 months old. He is not standing well. He does crawl and pulls up his knees. When I try to stand him up, he is reluctant and seems to be scared and cries when standing. I am worried. Should I be concerned? Do I need to check his hips? Had appointments with a doctor and he never identified any physiological problems.

#

Most babies take their first steps by their first birthday. Most toddlers have walking unaided, often with uneven steps. Do not worry, if your baby takes a little longer time. Some children do not walk until they are 17 months or 18 months old. You should stimulate the child to get them walking regularly. It will help. You should get the child clinically examined by a Pediatrician. CNS (central nervous system) examination is required to be done to rule out any pathological cause. Visit a Pediatrician for a clinical evaluation.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|