Q. One of my baby's eyeballs appears to be deeper. Will it get corrected on its own?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Published on Sep 05, 2017

My daughter is one and a half months old. One of her eyeballs appears to be more inside than the other. What should we do? Should we consult a specialist or will it get alright as the baby grows?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

• Please provide me with more information so that I can guide you better.
  1. Does your baby have any vision problems?
  2. Did she reach all her milestones according to her age?
  3. How about her social smile, looking at her mother, and playing, etc.?
  4. Did you notice any change in the movement of her eye ball
  5. Is she able to move both her eyes normally or did you notice something different?
  • If these were normal, then you do not have to worry.
  • I would also like to add that a weakness of the ocular muscles (which help in eye movements) can sometimes cause an abnormal eye movement.

But, there is nothing to worry about as such. Regards

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

How to correct eye muscle coordination without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25 years old. I have a problem of left eye muscle weakness which is lazy eye and due to which my two eyeballs do not coordinate most of the time. I feel complex and low. Unfortunately, I have been an amazing student and never worried about it. I never did any exercise for it. Ca...  Read Full »

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full »

My 1 year old daughter is not gaining weight. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am the proud father of a baby girl, who is 1 year old. The problem is that we have noticed a very slow increase in her weight. She is almost a year old, but her weight is still 7 kg. I just want to know if there is anything we can do to know the cause of why she is having such a pro...  Read Full »