Q. My 5 months old daughter did not roll since yesterday. Is it normal?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

My daughter is 5 months old. She started rolling at her fifth month birthday. She rolled for two or three days. But, she did not roll since yesterday. Is this normal?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• A baby starts to roll or turn on its back at 5 months of age. Since your child has started to roll at 5 months, this is absolutely normal for this age.
  • In initial days, the movements are a bit slow which the child picks in a few days. So, you should not worry about this.
  • According to IAP guidelines (Indian Academy of Pediatrics), if a child starts to roll at around 20 days late then also it is normal and we usually do not do anything.
  • Other milestones like social smile comes at 2 months of age, recognizes mother at 3 months of age and neck holding comes at 3 months of age. If these milestones are achieved on time then you should not worry about this.
  • Head circumference should also be normal at 5 months, which is approximately 38 to 39 cm.
  • In my opinion, this is a normal behavior in child and you should not worry about this. Wishing your child good health.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|