Q. I have severe back pain. What could be the reason?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

It has been three months since my delivery, but I still have a severe back pain. The doctor told me there could be an infection in the uterus. So, I took tablets for it, but I did not recover. Is there any other reason for having a back pain after delivery?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• You have missed mentioning if it was a normal vaginal delivery or a caesarean section. If it was a normal delivery, there is a remote possibility that the retained products within the uterus lead to an infection, in which case they have to be removed. Nowadays, this complication is very rare.
  • If it was a C-section, let me know the indication for the same. If it was a big baby, there is a possibility that the stretching of the pelvic floor muscles gave rise to the post-delivery pain, which will resolve over a period of time.
  • The back ache could be due to an improper administration of spinal anesthesia.
  • It could also be something related to your spine, a cause unrelated to your delivery, in which case, you will require further investigations.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|