Q. I have severe back pain. What could be the reason?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil
Published on Oct 02, 2017

It has been three months since my delivery, but I still have a severe back pain. The doctor told me there could be an infection in the uterus. So, I took tablets for it, but I did not recover. Is there any other reason for having a back pain after delivery?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

#

• You have missed mentioning if it was a normal vaginal delivery or a caesarean section. If it was a normal delivery, there is a remote possibility that the retained products within the uterus lead to an infection, in which case they have to be removed. Nowadays, this complication is very rare.
  • If it was a C-section, let me know the indication for the same. If it was a big baby, there is a possibility that the stretching of the pelvic floor muscles gave rise to the post-delivery pain, which will resolve over a period of time.
  • The back ache could be due to an improper administration of spinal anesthesia.
  • It could also be something related to your spine, a cause unrelated to your delivery, in which case, you will require further investigations.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

How to get rid of vaginal odor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old and I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I have a drooping bladder and I cannot take this smell. My vagina stays dry and sex is painful and hurting. I have the sex drive of an 80-year-old instead of a person in their 20’s. Also, my husband’s semen interferes ...  Read Full »

Could sinus infection cause autophony?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a sinus problem and got cleared before two months. Now, I have been suffering from autophony in one ear for the past two months after the sinus surgery. I used to clench my jaw a lot during sinus issue and there is some jaw pain. All my audiometry and pressure tests are normal. Also...  Read Full »