Q. What diet can I follow for weakness during post pregnancy?

Dr. Hariharan V
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 23, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 26, 2019

I am a lactating mother. I feel dizzy and weak. My BP is 100/60. What should I do for this? What diet should I follow? Please guide.

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Nutritionist
#

Your blood pressure (BP) is absolutely normal. There are various reasons for your tiredness and weakness which are as follows.

The wrong position of breastfeeding may cause back pain and tiredness. You should not bend your back while breastfeeding. Put some pillows behind your back and raise the baby to your breast and feed.

Tiredness may also be due to blood loss and anemia during pregnancy. During pregnancy, the child takes up a lot of iron from the mother and also during breastfeeding. Check your hemoglobin level and contact me.

You may also feel tired and weak due to lack of calcium. For which start taking more milk, curd, vegetables, and fruits. Start taking calcium and multivitamin tablets if needed.

Less sleep can also make you tired. It is difficult to sleep with small babies, so sleep whenever the baby is sleeping.

|