Q. What should I do for back pain that developed 2 years after C-section?

Dr. Sukhdev Garg
Published on Nov 10, 2016

I had a cesarean section two years ago and I underwent regional anesthesia SAB at L3-L4 level. Now, I am experiencing discomfort and middle back pain. The pain location is where the needle was introduced. The pain is aggravated when I hunched back. Should I be worried? What should I do for this pain?

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiology General Practitioner
#

• SAB (spinal anesthesia block) is given by injecting drug in the space between the two vertebral rings.
  • Sometimes, the needle may hit the bone as it is a blind procedure, which may cause inflammation of periosteum (covering of bone) causing back pain.
  • You need not worry too much. I suggest mild analgesics such as Acetaminophen and NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), hot and cold compressions. Everything will be fine for sure.

For further information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

Is Meloxicam tablet NSAID? Is it fine to take 15 mg? What are the dose and frequency of taking this medication? I am worried about its side effects.

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiology General Practitioner
#

• Yes, you can take Meloxicam to the maximum of 15 mg in two or three divided doses per day with your doctor consent.

For further doubts consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

Nausea and stomach pain after taking Panadol.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 27 years old, 50 kg, 162 cm. Just before sleeping at 11:30 AM, I took two Panadol advance pills and one Muscerol 3 pill altogether. I have not eaten for the last five hours earlier. Later that night, I woke up around 2 AM feeling nausea which lasted for a few minutes. S...  Read Full »

My eyes become reddish and watery when exposed to bright light. Is it due to contact lens?

Query: Hi doctor, I am wearing contact lenses of -2.5 on both eyes. Since last week, whenever I get exposed to bright light (both indoor and outdoor), my eyelids get closed, and it is hard to get it open for a while, which makes eyes more reddish and watery. I have not consulted any doctor, but I have been...  Read Full »

I got fever after c-section. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a month ago. I was in induced pain for over 16 hours and had spiked fever due to the medicines which continued after surgery along with night sweats. I was advised to take Dolo 650 and Augmentin 1000 Duo, which I continued to take for 10 to 15 days. But, I was not gettin...  Read Full »

Ask an Anesthesiologist Now