Q. What should I do for back pain that developed 2 years after C-section?

Dr. Sukhdev Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

I had a cesarean section two years ago and I underwent regional anesthesia SAB at L3-L4 level. Now, I am experiencing discomfort and middle back pain. The pain location is where the needle was introduced. The pain is aggravated when I hunched back. Should I be worried? What should I do for this pain?

#

• SAB (spinal anesthesia block) is given by injecting drug in the space between the two vertebral rings.
  • Sometimes, the needle may hit the bone as it is a blind procedure, which may cause inflammation of periosteum (covering of bone) causing back pain.
  • You need not worry too much. I suggest mild analgesics such as Acetaminophen and NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), hot and cold compressions. Everything will be fine for sure.

For further information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

Is Meloxicam tablet NSAID? Is it fine to take 15 mg? What are the dose and frequency of taking this medication? I am worried about its side effects.

#

• Yes, you can take Meloxicam to the maximum of 15 mg in two or three divided doses per day with your doctor consent.

For further doubts consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

|