Q. I am suffering from back pain when I get up in the morning. What can be the reason?

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Hello Doctor,

I am a 23 year old male suffering from back pain. Mostly pain occurs during sleep at night and soon after I wake up in the morning. And the pain vanishes after sometime (approximately 10-15 minutes). What could be the reason for the pain?

#

There are many reasons for back pain like

•  Muscular strain
  •  Inconvenient posture
  •  Urinary infection
  •  Facet joint disorders

We may have to do some investigations to pinpoint the source of pain before starting the treatment. As of now do hot water fomentation and take tablet Paracetamol 650 mg thrice a day.

Consult an orthopaedician online regarding the investigations to be done --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|