Hot Water Fermentation

Kindly go through my attached X-ray and tell me the cause of my foot pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have foot pain, and I want to get some advice on the attached x-ray. I have been using moon boot for eight weeks (non-weight bearing), but I had to walk with it over the last couple of weeks. What is the dark area at the base of the first metatarsal area? Should I be concerned about th...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I accept that there is minimal disruption present, but that is managed based on your response to conservative management. Though it might be difficult, it is good that you have been on a non-weight ...  Read Full »

How can pilonidal cyst be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I am having pilonidal sinus at my lower back just above the butt crack. It appeared a month ago and is a pea-sized bump oozing out pus-like substance. Please suggest medication to treat it early.  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history and the picture (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), it appears you have pilonidal sinus with a granuloma. Can you give me a few more details? Do you have any fever or pain at the site? Because I would like to rule out any ab...  Read Full »

What could cause pain in ears while moving the jaw?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had an earache for over two years. There is no pus or flaking and it is most noticeable when I move my jaw forward. Occasionally, it flares up and my jaw and teeth and whole right side of my face hurt. When I plug my nose and close my mouth and blow out to increase the pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable cause for the symptoms is due to temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ dysfunction). The TMJ is the joint which connects your jaw to the skull and helps open and close of mouth. It has several muscles attached to it which govern its opening and clo...  Read Full »

I have a great deal of pain due to L5-S1 disc hernia. How to get over it?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from an L5-S1 disc hernia, with pressure on the S1 root. I also have a partial tear in the right hip labrum. My surgeon is not sure which one is the cause of leg pain which starts at the low back and ends at the back of my feet. I suffer from a great deal of pain and would real...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Disc herniation causes considerable pain that needs step-wise management. I suggest: Physiotherapy consultation. Vitamin B12 ampoule IM every three days. Hot water bag massage three times per day. Deep heat cream three times a day. Piroxica...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain after getting an injection in the butt?

Query: Hello doctor, I was given injection in both sides of my butt. But my right butt is paining a lot. What could be the reason?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The buttock pain after injection can develop due to faulty procedure sometimes. If the injection is not given by an experienced person, then sometimes pain can persist for 1 to 2 days. Even with an experienced person sometimes pain can develop if a certain medication is...  Read Full »

Why do my back keeps hurting right where the spine meets the pelvis?

Query: Hi doctor,I was wondering why my tailbone seems to pop in multiple places like my back. It only happens when I stretch in the morning and tense the muscles around the area. Also, I would like to know why my back keeps hurting right where the spine meets the pelvis, i.e., at the bottom of my back bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a brief history. It sounds to me as the SI (sacroiliac) joint dysfunction. Due to which, there will be a kind of biomechanical changes in the bone and the joint compression leading to pressure on the joint receptors. Also, there might be a weakn...  Read Full »

I am suffering from back pain when I get up in the morning. What can be the reason?

Query: Hello Doctor,   I am a 23 year old male suffering from back pain. Mostly pain occurs during sleep at night and soon after I wake up in the morning. And the pain vanishes after sometime (approximately 10-15 minutes). What could be the reason for the pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  There are many reasons for back pain like  Muscular strain  Inconvenient posture  Urinary infection  Facet joint disorders We may have to do some investigations to pinpoint the source of pain before starting the treatment. As of now do hot water fomentation and tak...  Read Full »