Q. Please share your opinion about my back pain from the reports.

Dr. Chitrangada

I suffer from back pain. Please give me a second opinion. I am attaching my reports. Please help.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Few small multilevel osteophytes are seen. The L3-4 and L4-5 discs are desiccated. A mild posterior-central disc bulge is noted at L3-4 level indenting the posterior thecal sac without causing any nerve root compression. A mild posterior and right paracentral disc bulge is noted at L4-5 level indenting the posterior thecal sac, narrowing the right neural foramina touching the right exiting nerve roots. The facet joints are healthy. Please say about the nature of the pain you have. Say whether it is a radiating pain or tingling sensation. If you have the pain, then it could be due to disc bulge.

The pain is mild. But it exists on a daily basis. Once in six months, my back gets bent (scoliosis), and it takes about two weeks to come back to normal.

#

Avoid lifting heavy weights. Avoid arching your back. Instead, bend your knees to pick up something from the floor. Avoid sitting for long hours. Avoid going two-wheeler rides. Improve your posture while sitting. Try to get up from your chair for every 20 minutes and take a quick walk around and then continue working. Always sit on a chair having back support. Do not get up suddenly from a sleeping position. Turn to the side and then get up. Take bed rest if you have severe pain. You can take painkiller medications after getting approval from your orthopedic doctor.

|