Q. Can hard lump on my forearm mean a fracture?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

I hit my forearm yesterday and there is a hard lump now where it was hit. It does not hurt to move my arm or pick things up but does hurt if any pressure is put near the lump. It does not sound like a fracture, does it? I do not want to go to the doctor's office as everyone is sick and Í have two small children. Please help. I have attached photographs for your reference.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It does not seem like a fracture.

I would like to know few things for clarity.

• Do you find any difficulty in moving your hand or anything else?
  • Is there any kind of color change at the site of injury?
  • Have you noticed any bruises?

Few probable causes of swelling:

• Hemarthrosis.
  • Posttraumatic edema.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

It does not hurt to move per say. It is slightly uncomfortable if I am holding something and turning my arm. It is right in the middle of the forearm between my elbow and wrist. There is a bruise starting to appear and I injured myself 24 hours ago.

#

It does not seem to be a major injury and you do not need to worry much.

Proper use of medication and try to restrict for some days from lifting heavy weight will heal.

I suggest you take tablet Diclofenac twice daily for five days and tablet Chymoral Forte (Trypsin Chymotrypsin) twice daily for five days.

Try to avoid too much rubbing and keeping warm something which may cause local injuries.

It is better to apply ice packs for few days regularly.

|