Back Strengthening Exercises

Why do I still feel pain or discomfort due to a back injury two months back?

Query: Hi doctor,I had a back injury two months back. It happened while doing backbend training. I got soreness in my back for few hours. On the next day, my range of motion got limited and I was unable to do extension or flexion. I had pain and compression around the sides of the lower back and middle bac...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not try to stretch any body part or a full-body first. Stretching needs to be done regularly while doing exercise and it can be extended day by day and not by once. For low back pain, I suggest you do some exercise slowly first without any pressure for a ...  Read Full »

Can chiropractic treatment cure back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have mild back pain for over two years. Also, I feel uncomfortable while walking, a feeling of unbalance and pain in my right leg. I have gone to orthopedician and he recommended for an MRI scan of spine. I have attached the report here. The MRI scan shows mild ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and I saw the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no worrisome compression on your cord. You should do spinal extension exercises and isometric neck exercises to prevent significant spinal degeneration. The sca...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my severe back pain which get worse when I sit?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had bad back pain for a long time. But about two months ago, I injured my back badly. And they said my intervertebral disc was thinning. But recently, a new doctor says I have spondylolysis. I cannot sit down for more than 30 minutes. It starts hurting a lot. I could not even wal...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you do, and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

Do I get paralysis due to back pain and shivering in left leg?

Query: I m 28 yrs old i met an accident last year due to this there is injury in my back bone disc l5 and S1. Doctor has done the surgery but i have pain in my back for last 1 week i want to that is their is big issue. My left leg has also have some pain and severing i m tensed that can i get paralysis due...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello I read your concern...The injury what you had at the time of accident would have got corrected following surgery. So don't keep that thing in mind. Back pain can occur due to various reason... So need to know what got you current pain and correct it... Even a simple unaccustomed posture can l...  Read Full »

How to manage my dad's severe back pain and high BP?

Query: Hello, I am reaching out for some treatment and pain management advice. My father has severe and chronic back issues due to a number of things and has had about 7-8 back surgeries. In a addition to that, he suffers from hypertension with extremely high BP a few times a week and his BP meds aren’t ...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshit Dave

Answer: Hi, You need to consult a good physician and get your Fathers Blood pressure under absolute control. Also talk to him, councel him and make him relax and calm that everything is going to be ok. The more stress he takes, higher the Blood pressure goes. Meditation can really help. For chronic back pai...  Read Full »

What exercise will be suitable to keep the body fit?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is regarding exercise. I am a 45-year-old healthy male who is 60 kg in weight. I was climbing up and down 18 stairs for exercise, but the family physician cautioned me that this exercise would gradually wear out of the knee joint as I am aged. Now I am doing stationary exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your job?  Read Full »

Why do I sprain my back at the same spot three to four times a week?

Query: I sprained my back 8 years ago - now i get sprained in the same spot every 3/4 times a week - besides these days I get sprained very easily when I do simple exercises like my ankle, shoulder, neck, back, etc --- I have done physiotherapy and do stretching every day but none is helping -- what am I t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq. Its not about taking medicines or treatment, every problematic symptoms, pain and disease needs to be treated with a treatment plan and course to be implemented. Sprained muscles can easily be reduced and healed with Ultrasound therapy for 10-15 days and also applying hot ...  Read Full »

How to treat my lower back pain and shoulder pain due to prolonged sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am running an IT firm for the past four years. Currently, I am having two health issues related to my work. 1. Lower back pain - it started two years back and now it has become worst. Now I cannot ride a motorbike, cannot sit in a normal chair, and cannot even sleep on my sides. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have a typical problem with people working in an IT firm. Tell me first how much physical activity you have in your daily routine.  Read Full »

What is the reason for severe low back pain on sitting, standing and stretching?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower back pains extremely bad when I stretch backward or forward. It is painful to sit as well as while standing. When I press my back I feel no pain, but the pain starts as soon as my back stretches. Also, my legs shiver due to pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know, what do you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

Is it advisable to do deadlift if you have a herniated disc?

Query: Hello doctor, Ten months back, I suffered from herniated disc. The pain was relieved after a month of rest. A week ago, I started gym again. Today, I did an exercise called deadlift with low weights. Now, I can again feel the tingling sensation in the same area though without any pain. Should I st...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deadlift should be stopped and never done if you have a herniated disc. You can do all exercises in the gym with weights wherein your spine goes in extension. You can do flexion exercises of the spine but without weights. Sit with your back straight and do as many exerci...  Read Full »