Back Strengthening Exercises

How to manage my dad's severe back pain and high BP?

Query: Hello, I am reaching out for some treatment and pain management advice. My father has severe and chronic back issues due to a number of things and has had about 7-8 back surgeries. In a addition to that, he suffers from hypertension with extremely high BP a few times a week and his BP meds aren’t ...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshit Dave

Answer: Hi, You need to consult a good physician and get your Fathers Blood pressure under absolute control. Also talk to him, councel him and make him relax and calm that everything is going to be ok. The more stress he takes, higher the Blood pressure goes. Meditation can really help. For chronic back pai...  Read Full »

What exercise will be suitable to keep the body fit?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is regarding exercise. I am a 45-year-old healthy male who is 60 kg in weight. I was climbing up and down 18 stairs for exercise, but the family physician cautioned me that this exercise would gradually wear out of the knee joint as I am aged. Now I am doing stationary exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your job?  Read Full »

Why do I sprain my back at the same spot three to four times a week?

Query: I sprained my back 8 years ago - now i get sprained in the same spot every 3/4 times a week - besides these days I get sprained very easily when I do simple exercises like my ankle, shoulder, neck, back, etc --- I have done physiotherapy and do stretching every day but none is helping -- what am I t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq. Its not about taking medicines or treatment, every problematic symptoms, pain and disease needs to be treated with a treatment plan and course to be implemented. Sprained muscles can easily be reduced and healed with Ultrasound therapy for 10-15 days and also applying hot ...  Read Full »

How to treat my lower back pain and shoulder pain due to prolonged sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am running an IT firm for the past four years. Currently, I am having two health issues related to my work. 1. Lower back pain - it started two years back and now it has become worst. Now I cannot ride a motorbike, cannot sit in a normal chair, and cannot even sleep on my sides. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have a typical problem with people working in an IT firm. Tell me first how much physical activity you have in your daily routine.  Read Full »

Why do I still feel pain or discomfort due to a back injury two months back?

Query: I have experienced a back injury which has lasted for two months but it has gotten better lately. The event happened when I had my back extended to max(backbend training) and it was just sore afterwards, but the next day the range of motions had been very limited which I couldn’t do any extension ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi. Never try to stretch any body part or full body in a first. if given a try the same will happen. stretching needs to be done on regular while doing exercises and can be extend day by day not by once. anyways dont worry about the low back pain here i will suggest you exercises which at first you...  Read Full »

What is the reason for severe low back pain on sitting, standing and stretching?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower back pains extremely bad when I stretch backward or forward. It is painful to sit as well as while standing. When I press my back I feel no pain, but the pain starts as soon as my back stretches. Also, my legs shiver due to pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know, what do you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

Is it advisable to do deadlift if you have a herniated disc?

Query: Hello doctor, Ten months back, I suffered from herniated disc. The pain was relieved after a month of rest. A week ago, I started gym again. Today, I did an exercise called deadlift with low weights. Now, I can again feel the tingling sensation in the same area though without any pain. Should I st...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deadlift should be stopped and never done if you have a herniated disc. You can do all exercises in the gym with weights wherein your spine goes in extension. You can do flexion exercises of the spine but without weights. Sit with your back straight and do as many exerci...  Read Full »

Why does my penis feel numb?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 190 cm and weight is 85 kg. I do exercise with weights regularly. I have noticed that I have reduced feeling in the skin on my shaft. I cannot feel normal touch, but I can feel the pain if I pinch it with my nails. To best describe it; it feels li...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a localized numbness that we are bothered with. Disease starting from this region without any other associated symptoms is quite rare and without them we may not think of a systemic pathology right away. Have you tried nerve tonics? I suggest back strength...  Read Full »

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic and lower back muscle weakness will give you symptoms of back pain and leg pain. You should do blood tests. Check for vitamin D and B12 levels. These blood tests are useful to check the vitamin levels in the blood which co-relates with muscle weakness of the body...  Read Full »

Why do I have back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have back pain for the past three days. I do not know the reason behind it. I usually sit in front of a laptop for 10 hours daily. I have the pain while sitting or standing or when I bend. I do not have it when I sleep at night on the floor. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Back pain comes from fatigued muscles. Your back muscle gets relaxed at night. So you do not have the pain at night. Sitting for long hours can aggravate back pain. Poor posture while sitting can also lead to back pain. Do back extension exercise, and sit only for 25 to...  Read Full »