Back Strengthening Exercises

Why do I sprain my back at the same spot three to four times a week?

Query: I sprained my back 8 years ago - now i get sprained in the same spot every 3/4 times a week - besides these days I get sprained very easily when I do simple exercises like my ankle, shoulder, neck, back, etc --- I have done physiotherapy and do stretching every day but none is helping -- what am I t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq. Its not about taking medicines or treatment, every problematic symptoms, pain and disease needs to be treated with a treatment plan and course to be implemented. Sprained muscles can easily be reduced and healed with Ultrasound therapy for 10-15 days and also applying hot ...  Read Full »

How to treat my lower back pain and shoulder pain due to prolonged sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am running an IT firm for the past four years. Currently, I am having two health issues related to my work. 1. Lower back pain - it started two years back and now it has become worst. Now I cannot ride a motorbike, cannot sit in a normal chair, and cannot even sleep on my sides. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have a typical problem with people working in an IT firm. Tell me first how much physical activity you have in your daily routine.  Read Full »

Why do I still feel pain or discomfort due to a back injury two months back?

Query: I have experienced a back injury which has lasted for two months but it has gotten better lately. The event happened when I had my back extended to max(backbend training) and it was just sore afterwards, but the next day the range of motions had been very limited which I couldn’t do any extension ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi. Never try to stretch any body part or full body in a first. if given a try the same will happen. stretching needs to be done on regular while doing exercises and can be extend day by day not by once. anyways dont worry about the low back pain here i will suggest you exercises which at first you...  Read Full »

What is the reason for severe low back pain on sitting, standing and stretching?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower back pains extremely bad when I stretch backward or forward. It is painful to sit as well as while standing. When I press my back I feel no pain, but the pain starts as soon as my back stretches. Also, my legs shiver due to pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know, what do you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

Is it advisable to do deadlift if you have a herniated disc?

Query: Hello doctor, Ten months back, I suffered from herniated disc. The pain was relieved after a month of rest. A week ago, I started gym again. Today, I did an exercise called deadlift with low weights. Now, I can again feel the tingling sensation in the same area though without any pain. Should I st...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deadlift should be stopped and never done if you have a herniated disc. You can do all exercises in the gym with weights wherein your spine goes in extension. You can do flexion exercises of the spine but without weights. Sit with your back straight and do as many exerci...  Read Full »

Why does my penis feel numb?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 190 cm and weight is 85 kg. I do exercise with weights regularly. I have noticed that I have reduced feeling in the skin on my shaft. I cannot feel normal touch, but I can feel the pain if I pinch it with my nails. To best describe it; it feels li...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a localized numbness that we are bothered with. Disease starting from this region without any other associated symptoms is quite rare and without them we may not think of a systemic pathology right away. Have you tried nerve tonics? I suggest back strength...  Read Full »

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic and lower back muscle weakness will give you symptoms of back pain and leg pain. You should do blood tests. Check for vitamin D and B12 levels. These blood tests are useful to check the vitamin levels in the blood which co-relates with muscle weakness of the body...  Read Full »

Why do I have back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have back pain for the past three days. I do not know the reason behind it. I usually sit in front of a laptop for 10 hours daily. I have the pain while sitting or standing or when I bend. I do not have it when I sleep at night on the floor. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Back pain comes from fatigued muscles. Your back muscle gets relaxed at night. So you do not have the pain at night. Sitting for long hours can aggravate back pain. Poor posture while sitting can also lead to back pain. Do back extension exercise, and sit only for 25 to...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full »

From the MRI, kindly explain the severity of my low back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have low back pain, spasms, leg weakness, and neuropathy. I had an exacerbation five years before, and the current one is severe. I had MRI and blood tests. The reports are enclosed here.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your problem is sciatica, but it has not yet progressed to a severe stage.At this stage, you need rest and the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.Tablet Aceclo SR (Aceclofenac) as needed, do not use c...  Read Full »