Q. I have been having excess phlegm for last two weeks. Is it throat cancer?

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Bacterial Infection or Hoarseness Of Voice? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been having excess phlegm for the last two weeks. It is sometimes green in color or clear color. Phlegm comes sometimes when I am talking. There is also hoarseness of voice. I smoke cigarettes, although trying to quit. Have not smoked for three weeks. Can this be throat cancer? I am worried.