Q. I have sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. Why?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?

#

These symptoms are common in both STD (sexually transmitted diseases) and UTI (urinary tract infections). If you do not have vaginal discharge or any history of unprotected sex, then UTI is the cause. You can confirm the diagnosis with the following tests. You can do urine microscopy and routine examination soon. You can do a vaginal swab for microscopy and culture. Drink plenty of water and keep the area dry and clean. If there is an infection, you can take antibiotics.

|