Q. I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I have to do a gastric endoscopy? Otherwise, I am healthy. I used a nasal spray (Cortisone) for the same.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

In such a patient what we would do is a laryngoscopy. Just to rule out any growth or inflammation. Chronic sinusitis due to contact post nasal drip tends to cause reflux-related symptoms and globus feeling. Secondly, we need to check your hemoglobin status to rule out Plummer Vinson syndrome. Chronic sinusitis should also be evaluated using a non contrast CT scan of sinuses and a nasal endoscopy. Thereafter once we know the exact etiology of the problem, we can direct the treatment accordingly.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|