Q. I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I have to do a gastric endoscopy? Otherwise, I am healthy. I used a nasal spray (Cortisone) for the same.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

In such a patient what we would do is a laryngoscopy. Just to rule out any growth or inflammation. Chronic sinusitis due to contact post nasal drip tends to cause reflux-related symptoms and globus feeling. Secondly, we need to check your hemoglobin status to rule out Plummer Vinson syndrome. Chronic sinusitis should also be evaluated using a non contrast CT scan of sinuses and a nasal endoscopy. Thereafter once we know the exact etiology of the problem, we can direct the treatment accordingly.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Eventhough my reports are fine, I have pressure on my head and face. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I did a complete blood test, and everything was normal. I did a scanning of the lungs, and it was normal. I did EEG, ECG and again everything was perfect. But I have pressure on my head and face. I have a pain on my head. I do not know why I have this problem. I have difficulty during sl...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Likely, the cause is chronic sinusitis. You have pressure in face, and head due to an accumulation of mucus in the sinuses due to infection or allergies. Please say whether you have frequent rhinitis or nose blocks associated with it. Also, in some patients, this pressu...  Read Full

Why do I have a raspy voice from childhood?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my voice. As a kid, I had a raspy voice the entire time until puberty. After I hit puberty, I do not think my parents noticed anything, but people have said I sound like Kermit the frog or that I need to stop mumbling. The problem I have is that I have to try qu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your nose is blocked then you may have nasal polyps or some nasopharyngeal mass like adenoid or may have deviated nasal septum. For that, an endoscopy or CT scan is required. It may alter the voice. After ruling out these possibilities, you can consult a speec...  Read Full

I get tinnitus with breathing difficulty and anxiety. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, About two years ago, I was playing a video game while wearing a headset with fairly loud burst sounds from time to time, and I noticed a small hissing sound was present in my ears or head when I was getting off my PC. I have always used headsets for long hours before this occurred. Ever ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exposure to loud sounds creates pressure over your nerve of hearing and can evoke tinnitus. Hence, I advise you to use minimal sound during games. The pain in and around your ears is due to excessive usage of headset around your ears. For your nasal obstruction, you sho...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now