Q. I brush twice a day and still have bad breath. Please advice.

Dr. Honey Arora

I am a 26 year old female. My question is about oral health. In spite of brushing my teeth twice a day, I have bad breath. Please tell me why.

#

• Bad breath, also known as halitosis can occur due to many reasons like poor oral hygiene, post-nasal drip, sinusitis, acid reflux, respiratory infections, diabetes, etc.
  • I suggest you consult a dentist and get evaluated. Thorough clinical evaluation and investigations conducted based on the suspected cause, can help in the diagnosis. Treatment of the underlying cause will relieve the symptoms.
  • For now, I suggest the following:
  1. Maintain good oral hygiene.
  2. You must start using a flavored mouthwash twice a day.
  3. Use a flavored and sugar-free chewing gum after meals.
  4. Gargle with warm salt water twice a day.
  5. Limit the intake of high aroma foods like onion and garlic.
  6. Drink plenty of water.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|