Q. I have allergy in penile head and inner skin of penis. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I am having some allergy on the head of my penis and inner skin of my penis. My inner skin of penis is always red and I have this problem for a long time. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

From your description, it can be balanitis but to rule out herpes genitalis please send a good quality image and revert back. Is it associated with itching or burning sensation or pain? If sexually active does your partner suffer from a similar complaint?

| 

Yes, I have too much itching, burning sensation or pain as well. And yes, my wife faces the same problem after intercourse. Please help me out of this and suggest me what oral medicines and cream I can use and please advise medicines for my wife as well.

I have uploaded images of inner skin of the penis and head part as well.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is balanoposthitis. If you are not allergic to oral medications then start tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet thrice a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) for four weeks, Levocetirizine 10 mg at bedtime for five to seven days. Apply DK gel (Miconazole 2%) twice a day, T-Bact cream twice a day.

Your wife can also take the same treatment if she is not pregnant. Revert back after two weeks and area involved should be washed with lukewarm water. Do not use soap or hot water.

| 

How do I treat the inflammation on the tip of my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I got inflammation on tip of my penis. It is itchy and burning. I used Quadriderm cream at first and thought it was a normal infection. It got better but now it came back again. What should I do? They have also appeared in the testes but it seems like they started appearing inside the ...  Read Full »

How can red spots on the head of my penis be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, The head of my penis is itchy and there are few red spots in certain areas on the head. This has been happening for the past week or so. I have stopped applying soap to the area and I wash it with lukewarm water twice a day and apply Candid-B thereafter. The itchiness went away after ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.  Read Full »