Q. What should I do to manage the inflamed EUM, balanoposthitis and mild discharge?

Dr. Gajanan Shirpad Bhat

I have pain in the penis, yesterday I went with a urologist, and he did a physical examination in the external genitalia after which he found inflamed EUM, the frenulum is short and tight, balanoposthitis, and mild discharge. Please suggest what I should do now?

#

From your description, it is clear that you have inflammation of foreskin and glans penis, which is called balanoposthitis in medical parlance. Usually, this does not occur in normal persons, if one can keep the undersurface of foreskin clean once a day. However, cleaning the same during inflammation is difficult. So you need to take antibiotics as well as anti-inflammatory agents for a week and then, can undergo circumcision as you have a tight foreskin. It is not a life-threatening condition. Please get back to me if you need any more clarification.

|