Q. I have red and white boils on the head of penis. Please suggest good medicines.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Apr 12, 2018

I have small boils (red and white) on the head of my penis and also inside the skin and itching also. I regularly clean with warm water and sometimes, put some vaseline gel but nowadays, it increases very much. I think it is a fungal infection. Please suggest a good medicine and precautions to be taken to clear this infection. ASAP. This happened for the first time.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

From your history, it appears to be a fungal infection. Could you please send me pictures for an appropriate diagnosis and treatment?

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am sending photos of before cleanup and after cleanup. Please suggest a good treatment so that it will not happen again.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

On looking at your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears to be candidal balanoposthitis. Are you married? Did you have any sexual exposure?

I suggest using:

1. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet weekly once only for four weeks after food.
  2. Luliconazole cream twice daily application for two weeks in the penis area.
  3. Tablet Lorinol 10 mg (Loratadine) one tablet at bedtime for itching for five days after food.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Yes, I had a sexual exposure with one of my friends, but I used protection while having sex. Is there something serious about this? Will it be cured? And, tablet Fluconazole I will take one in a week meaning four tablets for four weeks. Is that right?

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Yes, tablet Fluconazole 150 mg four tablets you need to purchase and use once a week for four weeks.

Any history of diabetes in the family?

The medicine and cream you suggested are very effective. Once it was totally cleared but again it occurred on the head of the penis. I am applying the cream once every day even now. I have taken three tablets of Fluconazole every week. There is no such itching as before. No diabetes in the family. Please suggest what to do so that it does not happen again.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Apply Luliconazole twice daily over the penis. Take Fluconazole one more dose and complete total four weeks.

After four weeks, should I stop taking Fluconazole tablet or continue? Hope there is nothing serious about this disease.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Tablet Fluconazole you can stop but Luliconazole cream twice daily should be applied for at least two weeks more.

I am suffering from two problems. Some small boils occur on the upper skin of my penis and now it looks like the photo attached. It is painful, and the same thing happened almost 7- 8 months before, but it gets cured with a general physician. Please suggest something to stop the recurrence.

Some fungal problem happened on the testicles. I used to apply Sebifin cream. After applying for two to three days, it gets dry, but it recurs. This process is happening almost from one month. I used to clean the whole area regularly.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

I had seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Thanks for approaching me.

The problem that you have on the scrotum is a fungal infection. Is it only one side? Is there any lesion over the penis? What is the duration? Is this the first time happened on the penis? Had any similiar episodes earlier? Is there any history of unprotected sexual intercourse with an unknown person in the recent past?

Yes, the fungal infection is on the left side only. The lesion is on the penis for four to five days. I had the same before some eight or nine months.

Yes, I had sexual intercourse with someone but used protection. But it is more than a year.

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Dermatology Venereology
#

Please get a HSV 2 Ig G test and report the result. Thanks.

How can candidal balanitis be cured soon?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with balanitis about three weeks ago. I got antibiotics and was told by the doctor to keep the area clean and apply an anti-fungal cream. At first, it was super itchy and could not use anything tight. Right now I do not feel it but I can see as you see in the pictures,...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »