Q. Why do I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a drop of blood discharging from my penis almost daily, but not while urinating. I did the urine test, and nothing abnormal was found in the reports except that the urine was acidic. It is happening for the past two weeks. Kindly help me.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Blood in urine should be evaluated properly by blood reports and imaging. You require complete blood count, creatinine, serum electrolytes and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. It could be stone or infection but you need to get the above reports done.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Blood is not in urine. When I am sitting on a desk or bed, there is a discharge of two to three drops of blood in my underwear every day. Even I went to GP, they did the urine test, and everything was cleared. Nothing was there in urine. RBC was normal, but urine was a bit acidic.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

If blood is from the penis, it should be from the urethra. Then also it is not normal, and source or cause of blood should be found out. I think you should consult a urologist as he may do office cystoscopy to check urethra and bladder both. It should be evaluated and not left like that. So, it is better to consult a urologist nearby you and have a cystoscopy done.

| 

I have a burning sensation in my penis or itchiness in it. Something like that but nothing found in urine. It is clear. Why is it so?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Burning and itching suggest that some pathology is there inside the penis or urethra. To detect, the doctor needs to see the urethra by urethroscopy which will be done by a urologist. I do not want to prescribe any medicines without coming to a diagnosis. The urine test may be normal. That does not mean that there is no pathology at all inside.

| 

I will go to a urologist but can you tell me whether this happens due to masturbation and what can be the possibilities of this disease? Because before one month, I was fine. Can this be because of eating mutton?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

No, I do not think it is because of excessive masturbation or eating more mutton. Basically, we need to rule out urethral pathology like stricture, urethral polyp, urethral growth or erosions, etc., which can be detected by urethroscopy.

|