Dr. Babu Lal Meena
MD PEDIATRICS PGIMER, CHANDIGARH., MBBS DR. S.N.M.C JODHPUR., PDCC PEDIATRIC HEPATOLOGY
Child Health, Medical Gastroenterology, Paediatrics
Welcome to icliniq.com.
There are many causes of reflux. Hiatus hernia is one of the conditions. It is a major concern causing lifestyle limitation. I would like to know if you are suffering from any respiratory problem.
Continuous reflux can cause stricture formation and dysphasia (difficulty in speech). After a few years, it can cause Barrett's esophagus followed by esophageal cancer which can be a serious problem. Follow these guidelines to get a better result.
- I would suggest you get an endoscopy, as well as barium swallow, done.
- Consumption of alcohol, coffee, tea, fruit juices, and soft drinks should be stopped since alcohol and coffee can stimulate reflux.
- Have semisolid and solid diet.
Yes, constipation is associated with this problem. Once constipation is treated, reflux can disappear. Hoarseness of voice is due to reflux of the acid causing reflux laryngitis. It will disappear once reflux is treated.
Investigations to be done:
1. Barium study of esophagus.Treatment plan:
2. Upper gastro-intestinal endoscopy.
3. Complete blood count (CBC), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and Liver function test (LFT).
1. Take tablet Lansoprazole 40 mg twice a day before meal.Preventive measures:
2. Take clear Lax 2 spoons twice a day for constipation.
1. Have semisolid and solid diet.
2. Sleep in semi- inclined position and elevate head end.
3. Avoid alcohol and liquids.
4. Do regular excercise.