Q. I get recurrent vaginal cyst. What is the recommended treatment?

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 02, 2020

I have an abscessed Bartholin's gland cyst. This is like my 10th go around with this thing. I had marsupialization a few years ago. It did not work the way I was told it would but it did make it so afterward every one. I would have got pus drain and go away easier but this one is not draining. I am in pain. I have no insurance and now I am out of work so I have no money. Please give me some antibiotics.

I am currently on Levothyroxine.

#

It needs marsupialization or complete removal. And if there is recurrence so many times mean you are not following proper hygiene and precautions told by the doctor.

You can take Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg like combination two times a day and Metronidazole 400 mg two times a day, both for five to eight days. You can take a painkiller along with it.

But if there is pus then it should be drained. Or the best thing is to reoperate. Drink more water. Keep the vaginal area as dry as possible. Hot water fomenting may help.

If increasing more than need a clinical examination and also require to send pus for culture sensitivity test to find out which antibiotics work perfectly on it. And according to the report antibiotics should be taken. Also, complete the course of antibiotics. Send some photos to see at least how severe is the infection.

After a sitz bath the abscess drained some. The pus has a sweet smell to it almost like grape candy. I’m still in a lot of pain.
# Continue antibiotics.
Continue sitz bath.
Compress and drain all pus even if it pains. It is the only option. Otherwise will increase again. And wil have short cycle increases and decrease.

All candy like material pressed and removed. Till blood comes only.
Drink more water.

Can take painkiller locally available.
Like paracetamol or acetaminophen.

|