Q. I get recurrent vaginal cyst. What is the recommended treatment?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

I have an abscessed Bartholin's gland cyst. This is like my 10th go around with this thing. I had marsupialization a few years ago. It did not work the way I was told it would but it did make it so afterward every one. I would have got pus drain and go away easier but this one is not draining. I am in pain. I have no insurance and now I am out of work so I have no money. Please give me some antibiotics.

I am currently on Levothyroxine.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It needs marsupialization or complete removal. And if there is recurrence so many times mean you are not following proper hygiene and precautions told by the doctor.

You can take Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg like combination two times a day and Metronidazole 400 mg two times a day, both for five to eight days. You can take a painkiller along with it.

But if there is pus then it should be drained. Or the best thing is to reoperate. Drink more water. Keep the vaginal area as dry as possible. Hot water fomenting may help.

If increasing more than need a clinical examination and also require to send pus for culture sensitivity test to find out which antibiotics work perfectly on it. And according to the report antibiotics should be taken. Also, complete the course of antibiotics. Send some photos to see at least how severe is the infection.

| 

What could a gradually growing and tender pimple in the vaginal area be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I got a pimple near my vaginal area; it is growing gradually and is very tender to touch. Can you please tell me what it is? And I am currently taking medicines for typhoid. Please suggest some medication.  Read Full »

I have an itchy swelling on the inner labia. What could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my husband a week ago. I felt some pain during sex and after a day I started getting itchy on the inner side of my left inner labia. I tried to rub a cotton swab to check it and there was fresh blood on it. It happens even now, although itching and irritation h...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for Bartholin's cyst?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from Bartholin's cyst. The problem is on the left side of her vagina for the last one month. She does not experience any pain in the cyst currently. The cyst is lengthy in shape and not circle. We got married last month. But, before intercourse only she found that she...  Read Full »