Q. How to get rid of a Bartholin cyst?

Dr. Tinu Philip
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

Please help, I have bartholin cyst and it has refused to go down for over 3 months now. It's not itchy, it's not sore and it's not painful either. It's just there as a small ball and I'm freaking out daily.

I cannot go to the hospital because of the pandemic. Please help. What can I do to make it go away.

#

Hello, Hope you are doing good inspite of chaos around you. Bartholin's cyst occur because of the obstruction to the duct of the Bartholin's gland. It's similar to the acne happening on your face. As long as it's not tender,not painful or discharging pus(when it's called a Bartholin's abscess) ,u can leave it in your present circumstances . Once the situation around you improves and u can visit a doctor ,pls see a gynaecologist who will do a surgery to remove it. Meanwhile if u develop any of the symptoms like pain ,discharge u need to take antibiotics. . Do not be anxious of the cyst at this point of time. U can make sure your genital area hygiene is good ,sexual activity is healthy and do sitz bath ( that's sitting in a basin with lukewarm water) which will soothe the area. Do not use strong antiseptics,soaps to wash your genital area. Hope this helps.

| 

Intermenstrual Bleeding or Spotting - Is it Normal or Should I be Worried?

Article Overview: Intermenstrual vaginal bleeding or spotting or bleeding between periods is considered abnormal and may usually require a patient seeing a doctor. It is also termed metrorrhagia. Normally, a woman has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days with ranges between 21-35 days considered normal and menses can last for 2-7 days. Any bleeding out of these are considered abnormal.  Read Article

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Causes of Intermenstrual bleeding: Intermenstrual bleeding or bleeding between periods can be caused by a vast number of factors which may be physical or organic and psychosocial. If you are experiencing intermenstrual bleeding, then your doctor maybe a able to rule out one of the below most probab...  Read Article

Can boric acid vaginal suppositories cause pink bump at the bottom of the vaginal opening?

Query: Hi doctor, Three days ago, I felt an itch, so I used a boric suppository, but it flared up. The next day I ended up feeling tender, so I checked myself out, and that is when I saw the bump. Currently, I have a pink bump at the bottom of my vaginal opening right above the perineum. Three months ago,...  Read Full »

What could a gradually growing and tender pimple in the vaginal area be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I got a pimple near my vaginal area; it is growing gradually and is very tender to touch. Can you please tell me what it is? And I am currently taking medicines for typhoid. Please suggest some medication.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»