Q. I have yellow discharge with sore bump in vagina. Please help.

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

I have yellow watery discharge, and I had a bump on my vagina that is an open sore now. What could this mean?

I have discharge so I took some left over yeast infection medication and then the discharge changed to watery yellow. I had sex and I bleed a lot for the day and it went away. I had a bump on my vagina that opened and now it has become a sore that seems to be getting bigger. Please help.

#

The image you sent is not clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Also, please mention was the bump in the vagina painful? Or is there any redness and do you have a fever? Send a clear picture and consult. Take the following medicines for the time being.

Ruptured Bartholin's cyst.

Blood for fasting and postprandial blood sugar.

Labial cyst.

Ruptured Bartholin's cyst or abscess.

Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg one tablet twice daily after meals for two days and then SOS if there is pain. Tablet Amoxicillin + Clavulanate 625 mg one tablet thrice daily after meals for five days.

Do not scratch the area. Take a sitz bath with 2 drops of Povidone iodine in lukewarm water twice daily. Keep the area clean.

With a picture.

| 

What can be done to cure a painful growth around vulva?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a boil like growth on the inside of my vagina around the vulva. It is about 3 cm in length and approximately 2 cm wide. It is very painful especially when walking.  Read Full »

I have a plum-sized swelling on my face. How do I make it go down?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscess on the right side of my face that has swollen up as big as a plum. The reason for the abscess, I guess, is because I have two missing teeth on the side of my mouth. But since there are no teeth there, I want to know what can be done about this abscess? How do I get r...  Read Full »

There is a pus-filled sac developing even after removal of Bartholin gland. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a Bartholin's abscess which drained and burst on its own. However, ever since then, I have a small sac filled with pus that continuously fills and drains. I then started to develop a cyst on the same spot. I went to a gynecologist and then got my Bartholin gland removed. N...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»