Q. How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?

Dr. Shalaka Joshi
Published on May 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have one-sided swelling near labia majora since one month. I am an unmarried 26 year old female. There is no pain or discharge. I tried warm compress and Candifem ointment for seven days, but there is no much improvement. I have attached photos for your reference.

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

From the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history, this seems to be a Bartholin's cyst.

It is swelling of the Bartholin gland situated in the labia majora. It is a benign condition.

• Though at present it is not painful, it might get infected some day to cause pain.
  • I do not want to scare you, but it would be a wiser decision to surgically remove the Bartholin's cyst when it is not infected, as complete excision or removal of Bartholin's cyst is possible.
  • Once it contracts infection, it turns into an abscess causing pain, and complete removal becomes difficult. So, better visit a gynecologist near your area and get it managed early.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is the tag like structure near frenum under the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small tag like structure near frenulum on one out of two ducts which goes on both sides under the tongue. Kindly have a close look and advise.  Read Full >>

Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks like either the after effect of an injury to the duct or salivary gland stone or a papilloma. Nothing to worry. This can be removed by surgical excision of the lesion. After that send the...  Read Full

Why is there a skin tag connecting via side of my vulva skin?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old and I have two children. No health issues. Around four months ago, I had sharp stabbing pains in my pelvic area, foul odor discharge, irregular bleeding, yellow or brown vaginal discharge. I am in my second year of being on the contraception implant Nexplanon. Due to m...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any other medical health issue or have been on medications? It is better to have a complete check and treatment if any health issue you have. Regarding discharge, it should be checked in the laboratory by sending a high vaginal swab to check which organism i...  Read Full