Q. I got a pimple near the vaginal area which is gradually growing and tender. What is it?

Dr. Jimesh H. Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2019

I am a 22-year-old female. I got a pimple near my vaginal area; it is growing gradually and is very tender to touch. Can you please tell me what it is? And I am currently taking medicines for typhoid. Please suggest some medication.

#

From your history, it is suggestive more likely to be a Bartholin's cyst. It usually appears near the vaginal opening on one side between the upper two-third and lower one-third. If it is there, then it is more likely Bartholin's cyst, and if the position is other than that, it may be an abscess.

In both conditions, you have to drain it. It is a minor procedure, and you have to go through either local or general anesthesia. And in the case of Bartholin's cyst, you have to remove it by a minor operation.

Continue your treatment for typhoid and get a consultation with a gynecologist for confirmation and procedure.

|