Q. There is a pus-filled sac developing even after removal of Bartholin gland. Why?

Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I recently had a Bartholin's abscess which drained and burst on its own. However, ever since then, I have a small sac filled with pus that continuously fills and drains. I then started to develop a cyst on the same spot. I went to a gynecologist and then got my Bartholin gland removed. Now, the site of excision has healed. However, I still have the sac problem and now I feel that I am developing a cyst again even though the Bartholin gland is not there.

#

If the gland is removed completely with the sac, then this should not recur. I think that it is not removed completely.

I suggest you take capsule Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days, tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day for five days, and Mag Mag ointment (Magnesium sulfate topical, Sulphacetamide sodium topical and urea topical) locally. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Stir the ointment, then apply over the abscess and not over the mouth. Apply with a piece of cotton wrapped in a gauze. Then wear a panty. Then give hot dry fomentation every four hourly. It will take out all the pus and become dry.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|