Q. Is the red spot on my nose something serious?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I have had a red like spot on my nose for a few months and would like to get it looked at. It does not bleed or change shape. I think it has been there for a couple of months.

#

I have gone through your case. Well in my opinion this red spot does not look ordinary to me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is highly suspicious lesion as its margins look rolled up and it is present on sun exposed site as well. I am not scaring you but in my opinion it should be biopsied as early as possible as unfortunately my differential diagnosis is basal cell carcinoma untill ruled out on biopsy.

Do not scratch it or apply anything. Just regularly apply any sunblock during daytime. And get your appointment done with your GP or local dermatologist as early as possible. Take care.

1.Sun exposure.

Skin biopsy

Sunblock.

Thank you doctor.

#

Wish you quick recovery. Take care.

|