Q. What can cause less dense beard?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 63 kg. I am currently not using any kind of medicine. My beard is not growing completely and I notice less growth on my mustache. Please help me.

#

• There are two main causes of decreased beard hairs:
  1. Genetic. 
  2. Hormonal imbalance.
  • We cannot do anything more in genetics case, but we definitely can rectify the endocrinology cause.
  • So, you need to go for a few investigations such as serum free testosterone, serum DHEAS (dihydroepiandrosterone) and serum SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin).
  • Get a review with reports.

Revert back with the reports to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|