Genetic Damage

My thigh and arm has more hair than other parts of body. Please suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 23 years old. My thigh and arm have more hair than other parts of the body since I am 15. I want to get rid of it, so please suggest me treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a widespread problem among boys. The issue of more hair is not uncommon since accepting it or not we are a hairy race. Causes include mainly genetic (80 %), race. Did you also start to plucking the area as many boys do? This could mean that you put your hair fo...  Read Full »

What can cause less dense beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 63 kg. I am currently not using any kind of medicine. My beard is not growing completely and I notice less growth on my mustache. Please help me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two main causes of decreased beard hairs: Genetic.  Hormonal imbalance. We cannot do anything more in genetics case, but we definitely can rectify the endocrinology cause. So, you need to go for a few investigations such as serum free testosterone, serum DHEAS ...  Read Full »

A 52 year old male is unable to walk due to nerve damage. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My uncle is 52 years old. He had an issue when he was in his young age. His nerve got pinched and due to that incident, he is not able to walk properly. He has gone through so many tests recently. But we are not satisfied with the treatment. Please, clear whom should we consult.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all his tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that they indicate a possible genetic disorder which causes progressive paralysis. Unfortunately, there is no cure for these disorders as the brain cells and spinal cord cells...  Read Full »

My ultrasound showed no fetus pole and yolk sac. Is it blighted ovum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 7 weeks pregnant according to my last LMP. I got a scan on the sixth of this month, which showed 5 weeks and 5 days pregnancy, gestational sac 8.5mm, no fetus pole, and yolk sac. My doctor said we will repeat the scan after a week and will terminate the pregnancy. This is my second...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I am sorry for the previous loss. This time again it does not look very promising. Usually, by six weeks of pregnancy, fetal heart beat should be seen on the scan. Either the baby is not yet 6 weeks, so what the doctor said is right, you wait for a week...  Read Full »

My wife gave birth to a dead baby. Is that because we both are cousins?

Query: Hi doctor, I am married to my cousin, blood relatives. My blood group is B positive, and my wife is A positive. She gave birth to a dead baby, and it was the first pregnancy. I am deeply concerned if this because of our relationship. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.In consanguineous marriage, the chance of spread of autosomal recessive disorder and certain congenital malformations is present.Hence, both of your CBC (complete blood count) report and HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) should be done to rule out hemoglobinop...  Read Full »

Please look at my reports and explain the reason for dizziness.

Query: Hi doctor, Please have a look on my reports. I have dizziness for the past 1 year. Kindly answer my questions below. I do not know how it could happen for me. Can this get cured with medicine? If not, do I need to get any surgery? Will it be a minor or major surgery? Is there any other way of treat...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a congenital developmental problem and the exact reason why it happens is not postulated. The pathophysiology is that the segment of an embryo which forms the area of craniovertebral junction has some genetic defects. It cannot be cured with medicines. Yes, surger...  Read Full »

My son is losing his ability to walk. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is a month away from 3 years old. Approximately 3 months ago, he started to lose the ability to walk. He is not able to stand up with making a tripod position. His balance is extremely unstable and his grip in his hands has diminished that he is not able to hold a crayon. When he d...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I am sorry to inform you that the things need to be taken care as soon as possible. There is a possibility of leukodystrophy (abnormal gene affects the white matter of the brain) due to some aberrant genes or metabolic abno...  Read Full »

How did I get positive Jkb antibodies?

Query: Hi doctor,I received a notice after my child's birth as I am positive for Jkb antibodies. Is there a treatment for this? What can a doctor do for this? Does this affect future pregnancy? Where does this come from? How did I get it? I have always been anemic and had Iron supplement. I am not sure whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Taking Iron supplementation and being anemic are not connected to Jkb antibodies. This is genetic and rarely expresses itself, so rarely seen. It is a rare immunological disorder and it rarely causes lysis of red blood cells in renal medulla due to high urine in there. N...  Read Full »

Can any test determine if a person will have abnormal kids?

Query: Hi doctor, Can normal tests tell that a person will have abnormal kids or no kids at all? Please explain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that I am not sure which test are you referring to? If you are referring to semen analysis, then unless the tests remain normal the likelihood of having kids is high. But, this test would not tell about the abnormality of kids. If you are referring to geneti...  Read Full »

What kind of mitochondrial poisoning can stay in body for longer period?

Query: Hello doctor, Do you know what kind of mitochondrial poison can stay in the body for more than five years? I have a patient with symptoms which looks like a mild mitochondrial poisoning for the past five years. There are only few mitochondrial poisons. So, do you think any one of them can stay in t...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually the mitochondrial toxicity (poisoning) occurs due to some natural toxins from animals and plants or synthetic. In current days, the mitochondrial toxicity is majorly due to synthetic chemicals as human destroyed many toxic plants and animals in the living place. ...  Read Full »