Beard

Does any supplement treat a patchy beard?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have problems with my beard. My beard grows in patches, only in certain parts of my face. The remaining areas are clear without any facial hair. It makes me look awkward. Does any supplement encourage hair growth and solve my problem. Is that possible doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Beard and mustache are said to be secondary sexual characters. Some people may not get the full area of beard distribution at a young age. The area and thickness of facial hair increases as you grow. Repeated shaving also increases the possibility of hair growth and...  Read Full »

Why some men cannot grow full beards?

Query: Hello doctor, Why some men cannot grow full beards? Explain why some men are not capable of growing full beards, and can only manage thin, patchy ones. Is this due to testosterone and genetics or something more? How does not being able to grow a full beard potentially impact men psychologically? Ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some men cannot grow full beards due to low density of hair follicles in beard area in them and that depends on their genes and hormones. The male hormone testosterone is converted to dihydrotestosterone by 5 alpha reductase. Dihydrotestosterone is a potent steroid and ...  Read Full »

What should I do to have beard in teen age?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 19 years old, and I want a beard on my face. What should I do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. First of all, I want to tell you that beard growth is related to your hormones, mainly testosterone. Sometimes in some men, it took longer to grow a beard. You are still in your teen years. So do not worry and wait for some more years because as yo...  Read Full »

What can be done to grow full beard on cheeks and chin?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot grow beards on my cheeks but moustache and beard near chin grow properly, what can be done to grow full beard? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shreyansh Talesra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is very common not to have full grown beard. As you have mentioned you have hair on chin and moustache but not on cheeks, you can consider meeting an endocrinologist and get your hormones laboratory test done. This is just to ensure that you do not have any ho...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take DHEA supplements for beard growth?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-year-old man with very less facial hair. Recent blood check-up shows that my DHEAS value is 195.9. Insulin check-up indicates that there is a high chance of becoming a diabetic patient. My doctor suggested me Ashwagandha, and I have been taking it for a month (two capsules per...  Read Full »

Dr. Shreyansh Talesra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it is very normal to have less hair on the face. Even if you have little hairs, it is normal. Do not worry about your DHEAS level. You should not be taking any hormonal treatment unless it is required and so you can consult an endocrinologist for it. If you h...  Read Full »

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help,...  Read Full »

I have itchy scalp. Is it folliculitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will read it thoroughly and answer every query. I am a 30 years old male. It all started with itchy scalp ten months back this summer. But, I was not concerned much, since it was just itchy and some bumps like mosquito bites (not more than two to three) and some swelling as...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your photos (attachments removed to protect patient identity). It is better you go for haircut and shave or trim beard. It may be due to folliculitis or fungal infection by the description. You can get it examined by a doctor or dermatologist for physic...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to shave beard before a general anesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am scheduled next week for out-patient surgery to have a malignant tumor removed from my bladder via a catheter inserted into my urethra. Before that, the anesthesiologist will administer a general anesthetic as well as a muscle-relaxant to keep me from kicking when under. The procedu...  Read Full »

Dr. Yatish Anant Jadhav

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is worth a concern for both for your anesthesiologist and you too. Let me elaborate it to you. General anesthesia involves making a person unconscious and making him totally relaxed by giving a medication called muscle relaxant. With unconsciousness and muscle rela...  Read Full »

How to grow dense beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old, but do not have facial hair growth yet. I only get mustache but no beard. Please give me a solution. How to grow a good dense beard? I do get but some uneven growth. Thank you.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial hair are your body's constitution. In most cases if you have normal growth of body and private parts then this problem should respond normally. I would like to know about your hair growth in underarms, pubic area and growth of your penis and testes. Revert back wit...  Read Full »

What can cause less dense beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 63 kg. I am currently not using any kind of medicine. My beard is not growing completely and I notice less growth on my mustache. Please help me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two main causes of decreased beard hairs: Genetic.  Hormonal imbalance. We cannot do anything more in genetics case, but we definitely can rectify the endocrinology cause. So, you need to go for a few investigations such as serum free testosterone, serum DHEAS ...  Read Full »