Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My brother is doing crazy things lately. What can the problem be?

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 03, 2020

I have a brother And he's been doing crazy things lately. I'm the only one in my family that seems to care. There's really no one else that cares about him and I really need some help on identify what the problem can be. My brother believes he's the one that created heaven and earth. He believes he can bring a dead that's alive. He believes he can move the moon and stars at night. There were times where I witnessed my brother sleeping outside in the grass. He would have candles all around the house.

I'm not sure if it's true but my other brother told me before my brother started acting like this he told him the doctor said he was schizophrenic. I don't know anything about being schizophrenic or anything.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry


Welcome to icliniq.

I can understand that you are worried about your brother.

From your description , it looks like your brother is having delusional beliefs and related unusual odd behaviour. This can be suggestive of psychosis. Conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar mood disorder can cause these type of symptoms. Also if someone uses illicit substances they can experience these symptoms. Sometimes if present from young age, it can be related to learning disability

It is important that your brother consults his doctor /specialist psychiatrist for a thorough assessment and get treated . Usually medication and therapy will be helpful. Also family support is crucial. Encourage him to see his doctor and help him to avoid becoming isolated. Encourage him to maintain his self-care and daily activities

Take care

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What are the side effects of taking Adderall for a long time?
How to stop my daughter's habit of stealing?
Can schizophrenia be inherited and pass down to next generation?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have bipolar disorder. What are the lifestyle changes I can do to improve my mood?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35 year old male. I am suffering from a bipolar affective disorder. Currently, I take Magnesium Valproate 400 mg BD with Amisulpride 100 mg HS. My overall mental health remains stable with the above-said dose of medicines. But, in spite of that, I have had anxiety in the past. ...  Read Full »

I have a doubt about the dosage of Sulpitac for schizophrenia. Please help.

Query: Hello Doctor, My brother (aged 18 years) has schizophrenia since two years. (Note : My father has schizophrenia who is under medication for nearly 25 to 30 years). The tablets prescribed by the doctor were Mirtaz 15 and Sulpitac 50. During this period he had an increased appetite and was obese. He ...  Read Full »

I have intense anger issues. Is it due to bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I m female, 21 years old, 4.8 height and 42 kg weight. I am suffering from psychic problem. I think I have bipolar disorder, I get too much angry, anxiety,stress, and get depressed soon. I will break every object when I get angry I will become out of mind in that time, I broke more th...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.