Belching

Please suggest medications for my stomach pain.

Query: Hello! I just want to ask about my stomach pain. I'm always having hard time to breath and burp before, during, and after meal. It started last until now. It keeps bothering me every single day. I'm so worried about my health. It is located at the upper center part of the stomach and I don't have...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq. As per your query, what you are experiencing seems to be GASTRITIS. Kindly do the following: 1. Start tab. Pantoprazole 40 mg twice daily half an hour before food for 2 weeks. 2. Stay away from hot beverages including coffee and tea, spicy food, bakery products and produc...  Read Full »

Can stress cause excessive burping?

Query: Hello, I'm 15 year old male. I have been had excessive burping (about 30-80 times a day) for the past 2 months. I haven't had any other symptoms and the burping is not getting worse. I called my GP but she said it's probably nothing to worry about. I am not drinking carbonated drinks neither smoking...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear . I welcome you to icliniq. Well I agree with your GP, this kind of burping is otherwise not a health issues unless social life is not disturbed. The common cause of that burping is Supragastric belching . This occurs because of trapped air in the esophagus ( food pipe) which can frequ...  Read Full »

Why is the left side of stomach pulsating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female who is generally in good health. Yesterday, I went to dinner, ate a lot, felt very full after and felt I had strong gas. But, I was not in pain, just felt very full. What freaked me out was this pulsating feeling on the left side of my stomach above my belly bu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Burping was never and will never be a sign of pregnancy. It generally is due to the intake of food which does not get digested properly and results in belching. It is temporary and should settle in 36 to 48 hours. In case it is bothering you, ...  Read Full »

Will hypertensive medication cause stomach bloating and chest heaviness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling bloated (gas in the stomach), heaviness in the chest, feeling that there is phlegm in the throat. When burping or belching, I felt relieved and fine. But after a while, the above symptoms appear again. I am a 60-year-old female with hypertension and I am currently taking...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you are on Twynsta 40/10 which is a combination of Telmisartan and Amlodipine and Bisoprolol 5 mg. So this is likely a gastric and reflux problem, however, sometimes symptoms of gastritis and heart disease overlap in elders with such symptoms. Electrocardiog...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for bloating with frequent burping post meals?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from gas for the past three years. I have bloating after meals for about 15 minutes after which it passes away. I can eat normally, but some times I feel bloated and cannot eat. I keep burping like once in 20 minutes. Is that normal? And also bloating increases...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the burping while having meals, or just after the meals is a normal phenomenon. And I assure you it is not alarming in your case. However, it may cause trouble if gas trapped excessively and result in belly swelling. The reason behind this excessive bloating i...  Read Full »

What does symptoms like excessive gas, belching, bad taste and hairy tongue indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male. My height is 5' 11" and I weigh about 120 kg. I do not do any exercise. Just a month ago, I experienced painful stomach cramps, diarrhea, excessive gas, sweating, and belching with bad taste which lasted for one night. I rested up for two days and felt much be...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, thank you for the detailed history of your symptoms and photos which you have attached. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Before I discuss further about possible diagnosis let me assure you that your symptoms or the photos you have sent d...  Read Full »

Why do I belch excessively in the morning on an empty stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am suffering from excessive belching for the last 5 years. I have done endoscopy and the doctor suggested me acid reflux capsules Nexpro RD 20. I have been taking one capsule every morning before meal, but still I have excessive belching problem. Those capsul...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have acidity. Please take Nexpro RD 20 (Esomeprazole) every day in the morning on empty stomach and do not eat or drink anything for the next 30 minutes. Diet should be less in spice and if you have to eat spicy food then please take curds after the meal. You ...  Read Full »

What is Meganblase syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lots of burping and trapped gas and acidity from four years recently. The doctor has done acid reflux surgery and paraumbilical hernia surgery, but still, sometimes I suffer burping and shortness of breath, I fell my gas trapped, when I pass gas I fell good sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. In my opinion, you should do the following things for better symptomatic relief. 1. Start esomeprazole and levosulperide combination instead of Pan D. 2. Do regular exercise. 3. Go for walking after meals. 4. Avoid large meals, ins...  Read Full »

Why am I belching all the time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year old male. 6’0" 230 pounds. I have had chronic belching for about a month. This is from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Symptoms decrease when lying flat or sitting still. I belch every time I stand up or sit down. It is almost like a hiccup burp. No...  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail. I would like a few more details about your belching. Do you have reflux symptoms (sour after taste, recently consumed food coming back to the throat on belching, or heartburn) or any vomiting? How are you opening your bowels? H...  Read Full »

Why are there excessive gas and belching that feels like choking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having excessive gas and belching to the point where it feels like I am being choked. My stomach area also feels tight, but that might be from the bloating.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms look more from gastritis and acid reflux. You need to modify your dietary habits as well as add a few medicines. Practice small frequent feeds rather than heavy meals. Avoid excess water when you eat food. Avoid talking while having food as this leads to ae...  Read Full »