Q. What is the harm of stopping Veltam plus in a person with BPH?

Answered by Dr. Shahil Khant and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or Dutasteride? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is the harm of stopping Veltam plus in a person with BPH?

My father, 74 years of age, has BPH. He had UTI four years ago and was diagnosed with BPH. PSA was 60 and last three years was on Urimax and past few months on Veltamplus. His PSA is 0.9 prostate size 45 cc and PVR is 70 ml. His symptoms have been the urinary frequency of every two hours all these four years. One doctor has asked to continue the medication. On a recent visit to the second doctor, the new doctor asked to stop the medication. So, I wanted a third opinion. What is the harm if we stop? What is the benefit of continuing it? The medication lowers blood pressure. So, it is down from the 70s to 50s.