Q. Semen volume has drastically reduced after Consistam D. Please suggest a remedy.

Dr. Shahil Khant

I am a 46 year old male. I was diagnosed with prostatomegaly (enlarged prostate, 23.48 gm) with significant post void urine volume (86 ml). The doctor prescribed Consistam D once daily. After taking for 40 days, the urge to urination reduced but semen volume and pleasure in sex drastically reduced. Please suggest any remedial measures.

#

I think 23 g prostate is not very enlarged. These sexual symptoms are due to Dutasteride which is one of the contents of Consistam D. I think you should stop Consistam D and take only Tamsulosin 0.4 mg. (you do not require Dutasteride).

Semen volume is low because of Tamsulosin but that is not a problem (it is called retrograde ejaculation which occurs because of Tamsulosin). There is no harm.

So stop Consistam D and take only Tamsulosin 0.4 mg. Thanks.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|