Q. I have hair loss across my forehead and pigmentation on my nose. What is it?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
Published on Oct 16, 2019

I have hair loss across my forehead area and pigmentation on my nose and cheeks for the past 15 years.

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

Hair loss over the frontal area of 15 years duration is suggestive of a diagnosis of female pattern alopecia.

There are multiple treatment options for you. Minoxidil, Finasteride, Dutasteride, PRP (platelet-rich plasma) are among them. The exact treatment depends upon the severity.

Are your periods regular? Do you have hirsutism? These all will determine the exact treatment.

Your pigmentation most likely is melasma. As I do not have a photo, that is the closest I can get. You can go for lasers for melasma. They will help to some extent. But melasma pigmentation is very stubborn, and it does not resolve completely and permanently.

Is Tezcort 3S advisable for yellow skin and melasma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, a female and I have yellow skin and have melasma on both the cheeks and nose and its been for four years. I have shown it to 3 to 4 doctors within these years and applied many different creams which did not work much. Finally, someone suggested me to apply Tezcort 3S w...  Read Full >>

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pimples and uneven skin you have developed is because you have used a strong steroid with Salicylic acid, Tezcort 3S (Clobetasol propionate). This is dangerous and not supposed to be applied over the face. It can cause acne, thinning of skin, telangiectasia and faci...  Read Full

I have genetic hair loss, is there something I can do to grow more hair?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 36 years old. I have genetic hair loss, is there something I can do to grow more hair? I use Minoxidil, but it is not working.  Read Full >>

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest you the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. I need to see it to help you further.  Read Full

Hair Transplantation - an Emerging Need

Article Overview: This articles discuss about hair transplantation and in whom it is effective. Read Article

Hair transplantation involves the removal of self hair follicles either from a strip of hair taken from the back of our scalp (occiput) or from 0.5-1 mm scalp punch biopsies. The latest in hair transplantation procedure is follicular unit transplantation (FUT) or follicular unit extraction (FUE...  Read Article