Q. Does 2. 6 beta hCG in delayed periods indicate pregnancy?

Dr. Amit Kyal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 15, 2019

I missed the period last month. My LMP was two months before on the ninth day of the cycle I had protected sex after 10 days of the missed period I had UPT all negative. Yesterday (17 days after a missed period) I had a beta hCG test level is 2.6 also yesterday I got my period (47th day of cycle), but the flow is quite different. Yesterday I got dark brown bleeding, but today I am getting light red colored pinkish bleeding, but clots ate there, and bleeding has a high quantity of mucus. Is it normal? Is beta hCG 2.6 non-pregnant? Please help.

Dr. Amit Kyal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your beta hCG values are of nonpregnant level, and you have also got periods, so be rest assured that you are not pregnant. Your period was quite delayed, and there are many reasons for irregular or delayed periods like stress, anxiety, thyroid dysfunction, obesity, certain medications, and most crucial PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Need to undergo specific investigations like USG lower abdomen, blood for CBC (complete blood count), sugar, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and prolactin. Based on the reports, proper treatment will help you to get regular periods.

My pregnant wife started bleeding after a fall. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, who is in the first trimester of her pregnancy, slipped on our son's baseball in our garage yesterday and fell. She landed on some workout equipment, which hurt her stomach at a 45o angle at the mid bottom section. She is still in pain, and now she has a bleeding with a dis...  Read Full >>

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears that there is a cause for concern. It sounds like a threatened abortion to me. You will need to rush her to an obstetrician as soon as possible, to get a scan done, and see the viability of the fetus. Hope everything goes fine and Go...  Read Full

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is good that you have consulted a surgeon and arrived at a diagnosis. It is nothing to panic about. If the sludge is left behind, it can cause an obstruction and not allow the baby to ...  Read Full

Does my beta hCG report indicate that I am pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my last period a month ago. I had an unprotected sexual intercourse with my partner three days later that is on the third day of my last period. But, he did not ejaculate inside me. Typically, my period lasts for two to three days only. He did not use any protection nor did I ta...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any reason for you to worry. Usually, the ovulation occurs between the 13th and 16th day of periods. Life of the egg is 24 hours and that of the sperm is 72 hours. So there is no chance of the egg being available for three days and sperm will not survi...  Read Full