Q. My beta hCG values are 5. 73 and 5. 26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Dr. Anindya Das
Published on Apr 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2019

I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.

Dr. Anindya Das

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As you can say, the normal beta hCG level is less than 5. So, you should wait for two days and repeat the test.
  • You should do ultrasound pelvis, but after beta hCG report is available.

Revert after two days with the report to an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I had done the test two times. Initially, it was 5.73 and now, 5.26.

Dr. Anindya Das

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I understood that you had done the test twice already, but both the reports are more than 5 mIU/mL.
  • As long as this value is becoming negative or strongly positive, the test has to be repeated.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article

Why am I having black or brown discharge instead of my periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I have to get my periods this week. But I am getting black or brown discharge. Is this normal?  Read Full »