Q. My pregnant wife passed a little blood. Is it a sign of miscarriage?

My wife tested positive for pregnancy four weeks ago. Three days later, she was passing a little blood. Is that normal or is there a chance of miscarriage? Is Progesterone 200 mg a good tablet or is it because of this tablet that she is passing blood? Please advice.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing ?

• Usually in the initial few days of pregnancy, you may experience implantation bleeding. The blood that is released from the uterine lining when the embryo penetrates into the uterine lining may be released as few drops of fresh blood or as brown-colored drops after a few days. This is not to be worried about. Only if the bleeding is heavy or associated with severe abdominal pain, the chances of abortion are to be thought about.
  • Progesterone is good medicine. The right dosage would be the same Progesterone 200 mg capsule twice a day vaginally. The amount reaching the uterus will be adequate.
  • If she has reached six weeks (calculated from the last menstrual period), have a scan to confirm the fetal heart beat and health.
  • I suggest she have an injection Proluton Depot (Hydroxyprogesterone) 500 mg intramuscularly once in two weeks. This will relax the uterus and avoid abortions, but better to take that after confirming the health of the fetus. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent. 

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back. All the best.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can I take hCG or progesterone injection for spotting in pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am passing clots and spotting is there for the last two weeks. USG revealed subchorionic hemorrhage, but the fetal heart rate is good. I am taking Susten 200 twice a day and Duphaston 10 once a day. My hCG is 18000 on the 7th week. Should I take hCG injection or p...  Read Full »

Unless I take progesterone, I am bleeding continuously. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. I am 28 years old. I have a history of PCOS, had an endometrial biopsy, and it came back negative for hyperplasia and malignancy. The reason for my visit was period started with passing large clots and continuous period. Currently, I am menstruating for three mon...  Read Full »

Can brownish discharge after protected sex be implantation bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex. Two weeks later, I had light brownish to light red color discharge that lasted for a day and the next day there was light brownish discharge. Is this implantation bleeding? I am worried. If so, after how days of implantation bleeding can I do blood test or hCG to dete...  Read Full »