Q. Kindly suggest diet for my 18 months old son with beta thalassemia intermedia.

Answered by Dr. Dr Amit Modi Modi and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Beta Thalassemia or Hemoglobin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is 1 and a half years old. A few months ago we came to know that his Hb is 4.3 and Hb F is 92 percent and that he has beta thalassemia intermedia. He was immediately transfused once. Now he is taking vitamin C, and Hydroxy and Folic acid and his Hb are 10.2. Please suggest some diet for him to maintain his health.