Q. Kindly guide me about beta thalassemia.

Published on Feb 01, 2019

Is beta thalassemia trait a serious case?

Hematology Pathology
#

Let me explain you about beta thalassemia trait. It is good that you are aware of using online health portal. Beta thalassemia trait is the heterozygous condition and the patient can live a normal life. If nutrition is not maintained properly and if any unusual excess bleeding occurs because of some reason then sometimes Hb can be decreased and the patient feels weakness because of that. But as such thalassemia minor patient have no any problem which hampers usual lifestyle.

You have to take precaution while doing marriage. Before marriage, your fiance thalassemia report should be done. If she is also having thalassemia minor then the chance of the baby having thalassemia major is 25 %. And thalassemia major is danger condition. Hence just keep in mind that before marriage your fiance should also be checked for thalassemia minor. If you are not having thalassemia minor then no need for further testing of your fiance.

What test should I do to know if I am HGH deficient?

Query: Dear doctor, I want to test myself for HGH deficiency. Can you tell me a complete guide on how should I proceed? What tests should I do? After I have done them, can I post it here for a thorough examination from your doctors, so that they can tell me whether I am HGH deficient? I want to test that...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now