Hemoglobin

How to treat low blood pressure after c-section?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section a week ago and got out of surgery with low blood pressure and kept it low for a few days. Now, after getting out of the hospital, I still feel the same pressure on my chest. Also, I feel a horrible pounding headache. It is so hard and I feel the heartbeats vividly. I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As said by you, a cesarean section has been done for you a week ago and during the operation, your BP was on the lower side. I would like to tell you that amount and volume of blood in a mother increases significantly during pregnancy to support the nutritional need of...  Read Full »

What is the reason behind low platelets?

Query: Hello doctor, My platelets are usually on lower side ranging from 100000 to 120000 since last one month with no physical symptoms. All other tests are all right like LFT, TFT, and abdominal ultrasound, vitamin B12 is 206 while the iron is 90, urine is also clear. What can be the reason behind low p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of low platelet. Low platelet is known as thrombocytopenia. The causes include different types of hemolytic anemia, viral infection, dengue, ITP, uremia, kidney disease, etc. So I suggest you investigate as follow for primary workup: CBC to check f...  Read Full »

Can Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup be given to 18 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 18 months old and the doctor prescribed her Cylip P, A to Z syrup and Hemsi syrup. Is the prescription correct? I am a bit worried.  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cylip P 1.5 mg/55 mg drop is a combination of two medicines: Cyproheptadine and Tricholine citrate which revives appetite. Cyproheptadine is an appetite stimulant and Hemsi is a hematinic which is used to increase blood hemoglobin. The A to Z is Multivitamins and you...  Read Full »

My father has iron deficiency and his hemoglobin is not increasing because of it. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My dad has got iron deficiency from the past two years, and we came to know about last week because of that hemoglobin is not increasing. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have read your concern and below is my answer to your question. The attached report is showing hemoglobin level only 7.5 suggestive of moderate degree anemia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It could be iron deficiency anemia. For such a low he...  Read Full »

I had a sudden weight loss and hemoglobin decrease. Are these due to my low LDL?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been on Lipitor 40 mg and Trilipix 135 mg for nine months, and now my LDL is 42 dropped from 140 together with weight loss. Four months ago my hemoglobin decreased to 9.5 but had some recovery recently to 10.5. My weight at present seems to be stable at around 58 kg (height 1.62 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your LDL is reduced because of medication. Your anxiety is not due to medication. Similarly, this medication also does not affect hemoglobin. So these things are not associated with this lipid-lowering drug. I hope I have solved your qu...  Read Full »

What causes high neutrophil count during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's hemoglobin is normal with neutrophil 75.25, low lymphocyte and low RBC. Occasionally, she gets dizzy and a bloody nose. Her mother had anemia when she was born and it was never fixed. Other than being pregnant, no problem now. Her blood report signals anemia and I think it is co...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Neutrophils have different ranges and up to 75% can be considered mild increase. Due to increased neutrophils lymphocytes appear proportionately low, when the count is being done. Neutrophils can increase in stress and pregn...  Read Full »

My mother is suffering from respiratory problem, and her Hb count is 9.6. What is the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 36 years old, and she is suffering from the respiratory problem from last two days, her hemoglobin count is 9.6, can you please tell what causes this problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to tell you that respiratory problems can be due to allergic or due to infection. Her Haemoglobin could be due to dietary deficiency. Give her iron-rich diet like dates, banana, and green leafy vegetables. If the respi...  Read Full »

My son, 1 year and 6 months old, son has beta thalassemia intermedia. Please suggest diet to maintain his health.

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 1 and a half years old. A few months ago we came to know that his Hb is 4.3 and Hb F is 92 percent and that he has beta thalassemia intermedia. He was immediately transfused once. Now he is taking vitamin C, and Hydroxy and Folic acid and his Hb are 10.2. Please suggest some d...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your child is suffering from thalassemia intermedia, you should avoid giving iron rich food and food that leads to an increase in iron absorption.The foods which decrease its absorption are, (i) cereals and (ii) dairy products. The foods which increase the absorpt...  Read Full »

I have spleen enlargement with Hb 8 to 9 and normal MCV. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My Hb is 8 to 9 always, and MCV is on the normal range, on CBC. I have enlarged spleen (moderate to severe) since childhood and chronic since then. I have a history of blood transfusions but had transfused only 6 to 7 times. My brother has the same problem with the same symptoms also....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. You have to rule out iron deficiency anemia and hemolytic anemia in your case. You need to investigate further as follow. serum iron estimation serum ferritin estimation serum TIBC estimation Reticulocyte count Peripheral smear examination report HB elect...  Read Full »

My CBC showed 1+ anisocytosis. Any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor,My recent CBC showed 1+ anisocytosis and 1+ anisocytosis. My hemoglobin is 12.9. The lowest hemoglobin I ever had was I believe post my C-section. I do take multivitamin/ or prenatal almost on daily basis even now. I am concerned with these results: I know in previous blood test it show...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anisocytosis means a difference in the size of the red blood cells. This could mean that you have a mild iron deficiency. Anisocytosis of 1+ is a very mild variation in the size of the RBCs. Your hemoglobin levels are towards the lower end of the normal range and it...  Read Full »