Q. Please check my son's bilirubin report and advise us.

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

I just want you to check the report of my son, who is 3 days old. Kindly check the report and tell me about his health. Is everything fine in the report?

#

I can understand your concerns. I have seen the report that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 

• Today is day 4 of your child and bilirubin total is 8.7 mg/dL and indirect bilirubin is 8.2 mg/dl. This is slightly higher in this age and the child will require phototherapy.
  • Repeat bilirubin levels should be done daily and when it decreases phototherapy should be stopped. At 7 days, bilirubin levels should be below 10 mg/dL.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Is there anything serious? Today, the blood was taken again to test, but we did not receive the report yet.

#

• This is a very common problem in newborn. By seeing the report, I do not think that it is a serious problem.

For further doubts consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|