Q. What medicine should I take for vitiligo in the lip?

Dr. Sandeep Dawre
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 14, 2019

I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. The doctor suggested taking Decapeptide lotion Melgain. I also have taken, but it does not work. Now I did not receive any medicine. So which medicine should I take?

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Cosmetology General Surgery Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic
#

You have vitiligo as you said, but I need to see your lip lesions in personal. If required biopsy will be done, if it is vilitigo. Then there are lots of options to treat vitiligo with a varying prognosis like,

1. Oral medication.

2. Phototherapy.

3. Surgery.

4. Tattooing.

Each procedure has its pro and cons. You have to discuss in details in person with your doctor. With only oral medication, it will not work, need to club another form of treatment in it.

Surgical Management of Vitiligo

Article Overview: Surgery for vitiligo is a good option for a patient who is not responding to medical treatment. But, patients are not aware of this option. This article discusses about surgical management of vitiligo. Read Article

Vitiligo, also known as white patch disease, is characterized by amelanotic or hypomelanotic patches anywhere over the body. Till date, there is no definite etiology known for vitiligo. This skin disease has great social consequences in our modern society in spite of it being non-contagious in natur...  Read Article

Ask a Cosmetologist Now