Q. Kindly advice on the biopsy reports of my mother.

Dr. Dinesh Kumar
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 21, 2019

My mother has been operated two months before. She was suffering from constipation, and the doctor found a tumor in the CT scan. Some operation called laparotomy was done. After that, she is fine now. The stool is passing through the stoma. After the biopsy report, I have been asked to consult oncologist for further medication if needed. I have attached the biopsy reports. Please advice.

Dr. Dinesh Kumar

Surgical Oncology
#

So she has colonic carcinoma. As you told, she is passing stool through the stoma, that gives me the impression that probably she was not surgically fit at the time of surgery to complete operation in one stage. As per the cancer stage, she needs to undergo cancer chemotherapy, but in this case, probably we first have to do another surgery for closure of her stoma, and after that, if she is medically fit enough to tolerate side effects of chemotherapy, it may be considered.

Bladder biopsy shows eosinophilic cystitis with eosinophil infiltration. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Bladder biopsy shows eosinophilic cystitis with prominent eosinophil infiltration in the lamina propria with a mild lymphomonocytic cell. Urothelium shows atrophic change.  Read Full »

The biopsy of my skin rash showed interface dermatitis with mucin. Do I have lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest and upper back react badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a l...  Read Full »

How to remove the excess abdominal fluid in a colon cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt has colon cancer for the past three years. She has a tumor of 8 cm. As all other organs are not compromised, she stopped with the chemotherapy like one year ago. Now, she has peritoneal pseudomyxoma and ascites. In the hospital, the doctors say that the liquid in her abdominal c...  Read Full »

Ask a Surgical Oncologist Now