Q. My wife is using ipill. Please suggest best regular contraceptve pill with less side effects.

Dr. Sweta Singh
Published on Oct 14, 2019

I had unprotected intercourse a few days back, and my wife took ipill after 24 hours. We again had unprotected intercourse 7 hours after she took her ipill. Does she need to take another ipill, or the first will work?

Please tell me the side effects of the regular contraceptive pills and suggest the best one.

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your wife need not take another ipill. Please remember it is not safe to use ipill in the manner that you have been doing. It is best to get on regular contraception, and condoms are quite effective in contraception if you have apprehensions towards using the pills.

If your wife does not want to use pills, then I could suggest Yasmin or Yaz. It has to be taken according to the instructions given on the back of the pack, starting from the second day of the period. It has little to no side effects as compared to other contraceptive pills.

| 

What happens to the unreleased follicle eggs in a PCOD patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I want to know what happens to all these unreleased follicle eggs on ovaries? Why I have spotting after the period? And how can Yasmin help me? If it prevents ovulation so the number of follicle eggs would increase? What are the side effects once I get off Yasmin pills? C...  Read Full »

Yasmin Birth Control Pills

Article Overview: Yasmin birth control pill is a combination birth control pill. It is made of two female hormones and is used to prevent pregnancy. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Quick Facts: Yasmin birth control pill is a combination birth control pill. It is made of two female hormones and is used to prevent pregnancy. It is prescribed as a 28-day or 21-day oral contraceptive pill. It works by inhibiting ovulation. One tablet has to be taken orally...  Read Article