Q. Accidentally, had birth control pill during pregnancy. What shall I do?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 27, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got my last period on the 1st of last month. Two days back, I used birth control pills. But, I am 2 weeks pregnant now. Will it cause any side effect?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It depends on the number of pills you took and the duration of intake. If it was single or two pills, then chance of the pill affecting baby is low. Please remember that the chance can never be 0 or 100%.

If exposure was continuous, which is less likely from the history you mentioned, then the pill can affect the baby. You may need to consider for termination of pregnancyin consultation with an obstetrician after considering other factors. Regarding side effects on the mother, there will not be any side effect.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is there any chance to get aborted naturally? I took the pill 25 hours ago and now I am getting breast pain. Why?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The chance of getting aborted naturally is very low. You need to consult a gynecologist for specific medicines for abortion if you desire so. Breast pain can be due to the pill or due to hormonal effect of pregnancy.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|