Yasmin Pill

Please suggest a regular contraceptive pill which has less side effects.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse a few days back, and my wife took ipill after 24 hours. We again had unprotected intercourse 7 hours after she took her ipill. Does she need to take another ipill, or the first will work? Please tell me the side effects of the regular contraceptive pills...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife need not take another ipill. Please remember it is not safe to use ipill in the manner that you have been doing. It is best to get on regular contraception, and condoms are quite effective in contraception if you have apprehensions towards using the pills. ...  Read Full »

What is Yasmin pill used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had unprotected sex a few days back, but I did not ejaculate inside her. Just to be on the safer side, we wanted to use the emergency contraceptive pill. But due to some restriction in the country where we live, Plan B or emergency contraceptive pills are not available...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Yes, as you have heard, Yasmin can be used as an emergency pill. Even if you have not ejaculated into her, she stands a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperm...  Read Full »

Will taking the first four Yasmin pills stop unwanted pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee took four Yasmin pills as emergency contraception. But after that, she felt so weak and had heavy breathing. So due to that, we decided not to take another four pills after 12 hours. Will the first four pills stop unplanned pregnancy? That was taken within less than 30 hour...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using Yasmin pills for emergency contraception follows the Yuzpe regimen where oral contraceptive pills are used as ECP within 72 hours of last intercourse. As the first four pills have been taken by her after 30 hours of intercourse as per the regimen, so the next s...  Read Full »

What happens to the unreleased follicle eggs in a PCOD patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I want to know what happens to all these unreleased follicle eggs on ovaries? Why I have spotting after the period? And how can Yasmin help me? If it prevents ovulation so the number of follicle eggs would increase? What are the side effects once I get off Yasmin pills? C...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The unreleased follicles are multiple and tiny and small as the follicular phase is very long. FSH hormone is very high. They are all unripe and immature but one of them grows till ovulation (takes a long time in PCOS patients) and other undergo apoptosis, that is ge...  Read Full »