Yasmin Pill

Will Yasmin pills help in my prolonged period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old. My last month period was on time but it lasted only one day. This time it was four days late and not stopping for around 12 days. Same happened in December last year but my cycle was normal since February. Doctor had advised taking OCP Yasmin for three months which ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are bleeding for 12 days, for symptomatic relief, please start taking Tablet Trapic MF (Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid) 500 mg TDS for three days. As you had light bleeding last month, and this time continuous bleeding for 12 days do a urine pregnancy ...  Read Full »

My serum ferritin is low, and birth control pills make me depressed and tired. Why?

Query: Hello I am a 25 year old woman who gave birth to my first child a year back. After giving birth in 2 months I started taking yasmin birth control pills then they gave me nausea all time and I didnt feel hungry or could eat so I switched to yaz control pills after 4 months and they make me so depress...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: hello, there are few things I like to point out from ur history 1) yaz or Yasmin is not the right choice of birth control pills right after child birth ( yaz and Yasmin are combined oral contraception containing estrogen and progesterone and this is not safe immediately after child birth if ur bre...  Read Full »

Can Yasmin pills be taken two weeks after unprotected sex to prevent pregnancy?

Query: Hello, My wife and I had unprotected sex exactly two weeks ago. She mentioned that it was 6 or 6 days after the end of her last period. She has mentioned that she has felt soreness in her breasts since three days back, and we are worried that she may be pregnant. We do not want her to have a baby...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern The 6 day post menstrual cyscle ,is the 11th day of your mestrual day .The high chance to get pregnant is the 14 -16 days of your cycle ,if you have regualar 28 days cycle .This is the time when ovulation ocurrs and the highs possibility to get pregnat .There are so...  Read Full »

Please suggest a regular contraceptive pill which has less side effects.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse a few days back, and my wife took ipill after 24 hours. We again had unprotected intercourse 7 hours after she took her ipill. Does she need to take another ipill, or the first will work? Please tell me the side effects of the regular contraceptive pills...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife need not take another ipill. Please remember it is not safe to use ipill in the manner that you have been doing. It is best to get on regular contraception, and condoms are quite effective in contraception if you have apprehensions towards using the pills. ...  Read Full »

What is Yasmin pill used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had unprotected sex a few days back, but I did not ejaculate inside her. Just to be on the safer side, we wanted to use the emergency contraceptive pill. But due to some restriction in the country where we live, Plan B or emergency contraceptive pills are not available...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Yes, as you have heard, Yasmin can be used as an emergency pill. Even if you have not ejaculated into her, she stands a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperm...  Read Full »

Will taking the first four Yasmin pills stop unwanted pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee took four Yasmin pills as emergency contraception. But after that, she felt so weak and had heavy breathing. So due to that, we decided not to take another four pills after 12 hours. Will the first four pills stop unplanned pregnancy? That was taken within less than 30 hour...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using Yasmin pills for emergency contraception follows the Yuzpe regimen where oral contraceptive pills are used as ECP within 72 hours of last intercourse. As the first four pills have been taken by her after 30 hours of intercourse as per the regimen, so the next s...  Read Full »

What happens to the unreleased follicle eggs in a PCOD patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I want to know what happens to all these unreleased follicle eggs on ovaries? Why I have spotting after the period? And how can Yasmin help me? If it prevents ovulation so the number of follicle eggs would increase? What are the side effects once I get off Yasmin pills? C...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The unreleased follicles are multiple and tiny and small as the follicular phase is very long. FSH hormone is very high. They are all unripe and immature but one of them grows till ovulation (takes a long time in PCOS patients) and other undergo apoptosis, that is ge...  Read Full »