Yasmin Pill

Is it advisable to take Yasmin pills for a long period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old. Last year I had erratic periods with prolonged heavy bleeding in some cycles. I had stopped breastfeeding my 2.5-year-old around that time. My thyroid and prolactin levels were normal. Doctor prescribed Yasmin pills for three months and asked to get a USG after that...  Read Full »

Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your periods have become normal, so the main purpose of you taking Yasmin has been resolved. The problem now is that your periods are now unpredictable by 15 to 20 days. You have not mentioned the contraceptive methods that you are using after your delivery. If n...  Read Full »

Is it good to take Yasmin with antihypertensive drugs to prevent pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking Yasmin for a long time. I usually never miss any pills. I got my period on the fourth day of taking the last pill and I started taking a new pack on the same day without waiting for seven days. I got spotting till ten days of the period. I also had dizziness on the seventh da...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chances of getting pregnant after having sex on the seventh day of the last menstrual period are impossible. You were on Yasmin (Estrogen and Progestin) and you had bleeding with continual endometrial shedding, so the chances of implantation are negligible. Also, yo...  Read Full »

Will delayed intake of Yasmin pills results in pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on Yasmin pills. I took the 4th-day pill 6 hours late and 6th-day pill 10 hours late. Will it cause pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to cliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have taken the 4th pill 6 hours late and 6th-day pill 10 hours late, and you are on Yasmin pill. You should take your pill at the same time each day. The timely taking pill will enhance its effectiveness. B...  Read Full »

I am spotting on day 9 of my cycle and taking Yasmin for many years. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 42 years old. I am on Yasmin for many years and was quite comfortable with it. This time also I got my period on time. And I started a new pack on the second day of my pill. It is the 9th day of the pill, and I am still spotting. I am worried because it has never happened before. P...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. Please help me with the following details:- Did you miss any pills? Any weight gain in recent times? Any coital injury if you are suspecting? Is your blood pressure normal? Please do the urine pregnanc...  Read Full »

Can I prevent my chance of pregnancy by taking Yasmin?

Query: Hi doc, i got my periods on 2nd before two months and then 4th of last month; then 9th of this month . So i assume that i have 30 to 32 days cycle generally. Me and hubby had unprotected sex on 26th night of this month. so are we have any chace of preg? I do not want to get preg. When can i start ta...  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmed Amdihun Essa

Answer: Hi, Greeting, I have seen your queries as to the chance of pregnancy for sex on the 18th day for a 32-34 day cycle period? ovulation happened always 14 days back from the first day of the period, which means you had ovulation on the 18-20th day, 1. Therefore, you have some risk (10-20% chance) of ...  Read Full »

Will Yasmin pills help in my prolonged period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old. My last month period was on time but it lasted only one day. This time it was four days late and not stopping for around 12 days. Same happened in December last year but my cycle was normal since February. Doctor had advised taking OCP Yasmin for three months which ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are bleeding for 12 days, for symptomatic relief, please start taking Tablet Trapic MF (Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid) 500 mg TDS for three days. As you had light bleeding last month, and this time continuous bleeding for 12 days do a urine pregnancy ...  Read Full »

My serum ferritin is low, and birth control pills make me depressed and tired. Why?

Query: Hello I am a 25 year old woman who gave birth to my first child a year back. After giving birth in 2 months I started taking yasmin birth control pills then they gave me nausea all time and I didnt feel hungry or could eat so I switched to yaz control pills after 4 months and they make me so depress...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: hello, there are few things I like to point out from ur history 1) yaz or Yasmin is not the right choice of birth control pills right after child birth ( yaz and Yasmin are combined oral contraception containing estrogen and progesterone and this is not safe immediately after child birth if ur bre...  Read Full »

Can Yasmin pills be taken two weeks after unprotected sex to prevent pregnancy?

Query: Hello, My wife and I had unprotected sex exactly two weeks ago. She mentioned that it was 6 or 6 days after the end of her last period. She has mentioned that she has felt soreness in her breasts since three days back, and we are worried that she may be pregnant. We do not want her to have a baby...  Read Full »

Dr. Lorena Zijaj

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern The 6 day post menstrual cyscle ,is the 11th day of your mestrual day .The high chance to get pregnant is the 14 -16 days of your cycle ,if you have regualar 28 days cycle .This is the time when ovulation ocurrs and the highs possibility to get pregnat .There are so...  Read Full »

Please suggest a regular contraceptive pill which has less side effects.

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse a few days back, and my wife took ipill after 24 hours. We again had unprotected intercourse 7 hours after she took her ipill. Does she need to take another ipill, or the first will work? Please tell me the side effects of the regular contraceptive pills...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife need not take another ipill. Please remember it is not safe to use ipill in the manner that you have been doing. It is best to get on regular contraception, and condoms are quite effective in contraception if you have apprehensions towards using the pills. ...  Read Full »

What is Yasmin pill used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had unprotected sex a few days back, but I did not ejaculate inside her. Just to be on the safer side, we wanted to use the emergency contraceptive pill. But due to some restriction in the country where we live, Plan B or emergency contraceptive pills are not available...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Yes, as you have heard, Yasmin can be used as an emergency pill. Even if you have not ejaculated into her, she stands a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperm...  Read Full »