Bisacodyl

What medicine can be taken for constipation?

Query: Hello doctor,I am feeling constipated from the last few days and cannot clear my bowel in the morning in one time. Also, I have to put pressure. Can I take some medicine? What diet should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You need to avoid all constipating foods like baked food, red meat, maize-based foods, etc. Add more vegetables, salads to your diet. Keep yourself well hydrated with around 2 to 3 liters of water daily. You can take syrup Cremaffin plus (Sodium picosulfate, Milk of Magnesi...  Read Full »

How to deal with constipation accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen?

Query: Hello doctor,I have constipation since two days. There were no feces and there was severe pain. I cannot even move. Suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest trying tablet Gerbisa (Bisacodyl) two tablets at night. Apply Smuth anal cream (topical anesthetic) around the anal opening and partly to the anal canal without causing injury. Syrup Cremaffin plus (sodium picosulfate, liquid paraffin, and milk of magne...  Read Full »

I had itching and drops of blood in the anal area. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. A day or two ago after a bowel movement, I felt an itch in the anal area. I tried to get at it with a tissue but, it got worse and I could see small pellets of blood on the wipe. I am not on any medications.  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood streaks on the wipe after an episode of itching could be due to an anal fissure. Bleeding per rectum in an otherwise healthy young male could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissure. A fissure is a tear in the anal canal due to constipation or repeated friction. It...  Read Full »

I feel gas in my stomach and pass too much gas. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I experience gas in my stomach quite often. I then pass gas throughout the day. If I take antibiotics, it stops completely until the duration of the course. I wish to get cured completely. I was diagnosed with inactive gastritis and have been given PPI for two months but I still exper...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple reasons for gas in the abdomen. In your case, it is likely to be due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora of the gut bacteria. You should take probiotic tablets for at least a month. Initially, start with an antibiotic such as tablet Rifaximin 450 ...  Read Full »

My 1.2 year old son has difficulty in passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1.2 years old. We have recently moved to a new city, and ever since, he is not comfortable passing stool. His stools are hard and cause him pain. Apart from climate change, the water here is very hard. He takes baby food and homemade food, which we also consume. His height, w...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of the common complaints we encounter from the parents. There is nothing to worry. Your 1.2 years old son probably has constipation. As a result, he is passing hard stools with pain. Encourage him to have a liquid diet, like water, milk, juices, etc. Give him...  Read Full »

Kindly check my reports for abnormality as I am getting palpitations along with gas problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male with the problem of heart palpitations. Recently, my lifestyle is not active. I feel lazy, and I am overweight. I first got palpitations 10 days before when I woke up on an empty stomach and bloating. I had a few of them even after motion until I had something to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Occasional missed beats are very common in normal people. But, if they are coming recurrently, then you should undergo some tests. Please get the following tests at cardiology center near you. ECG (electrocardiogram). 2D echocardiogram. Treadmill testing. R...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the most effective laxative for my mother's constipation.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 80 years old, has diabetes, high BP and thyroid since last 15 years. She is under control with medicines. She has chronic constipation since last 30 years and uses different laxatives. In the past one year, her constipation has increased and even high doses of laxatives...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankur Jindal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic constipation in old age is common. She also has diabetes, which may also contribute to decrease in bowel movements. One should always rule out stool impaction in large bowel in elderly. My advice is ask her to take plenty of water, small frequent meals, low fat ...  Read Full »