Q. What medicine can be taken for constipation?

Dr. Noushif M

I am feeling constipated from the last few days and cannot clear my bowel in the morning in one time. Also, I have to put pressure. Can I take some medicine? What diet should I take?

#

You need to avoid all constipating foods like baked food, red meat, maize-based foods, etc. Add more vegetables, salads to your diet. Keep yourself well hydrated with around 2 to 3 liters of water daily. You can take syrup Cremaffin plus (Sodium picosulfate, Milk of Magnesia, and Liquid paraffin) 20 ml at bedtime for three days. You need to consistently follow the dietary measures to maintain good bowel movement.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Can I take this syrup now in afternoon? Also, can I take any other tablet?

#

The syrup is best taken at night so that you will have a good bowel movement early morning. If you take now, you may have a disturbed sleep. If you are in distress it is better to take Gerbisa (Bisacodyl) suppository (can place two suppositories through the anus). Tablet Gerbisa is an alternative for syrup. No need to take multiple medicines.

I think I have an infection in the stomach also as I have little cramp and pain. Maybe constipation and gas are causing this. Please see if anything else to be taken.

#

The cramp is partly due to obstruction only. Get it relieved. Do review if not settling.

|