Q. There was blood coming out of my nostril after workout. Should I get it checked?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 23 year old male. I have started to workout recently. Today, after workout and cardio when I was taking a shower I saw blood coming out of my right nostril. The blood stopped immediately but there was bleeding from my right nostril for a few seconds. I have experienced this for the first time in my life. Should I get it checked? Please help.

#

Bleeding from nostrils is one of the common conditions encountered in our daily practice. The most common cause in young population is dryness in the nose and nose crusts from nose picking.

The other possible causes include:

1. High blood pressure.
  2. Fragile capillaries.

Please provide me with more details in order to reach the appropriate diagnosis:

1. Do you have headache?
  2. Blurred vision?

I suggest:

1. Measure blood pressure.
  2. Avoid nose picking.
  3. Whenever you have bleeding from the nostril, pinch the soft parts with tissue and put your chin on chest for 10 minutes.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|